Democalypse 2012 - Do We Look Stupid? Don't Answer That Edition - Grammatical Gaffes

  • Aired:  07/25/12
  •  | Views: 467,586

Mitt Romney's attack on Barack Obama's slight grammatical misstep regarding small business is what people do in an argument when they're completely f**ked. (6:19)

THAT'S A BAD EXAMPLE.

( LAUGHTER ).

ANYWAY, YOU'D HAVE TO BE A REAL SHYSTER.

GIVEN THE SURROUNDING CONTEXT OF OBAMA'S REMARKS, INCLUDING HIS

"THE POINT IS" DISCUSSION, TO MAKE WILLFUL HAY OUT OF THIS WRATH COMMON SINGULAR PLURAL

DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUN-- MY SHIRT IS GIVES ME A NURPLE.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?

I'M BEING BULLIED BY MY-- I WONDER WHICH WAY THE CONSERVATIVE PUNDITS WENT WITH IT.

>> WHAT'S YOUR REACTION WHEN YOU HEAR THE PRESIDENT SAY, "IT'S

NOT YOUR HARD WORK THAT MADE YOU SUCCESSFUL.

IT'S THE GOVERNMENT?"

>> THERE'S NO QUESTION IN MY MIND, HE DOES NOT RESPECT SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS.

>> THEN HE TURNS AROUND AND DISMISSES THE FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM.

>> MEAN, THIS IS JUST GRADE SCHOOL MARXISM THAT HE'S MUTTERING.

>> Jon: YES!

( LAUGHTER ) GRADE SCHOOL MARXISM!

OR AS YOUR SECOND GRADE TEACHER MIGHT HAVE REFERRED TO IT,

SHARING.

( LAUGHTER ) ( APPLAUSE ) GUYS!

HE CLEARLY SAID BEFORE "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT "HE WAS

TALKING ABOUT BUILDING ROADS AND PRIVILEGES.

IT WAS IN THE SPEECH.

YOU REALLY WANT TO HANG YOUR ENTIRE CAMPAIGN ON A WILLFUL,

OUT-OF-CONTEXT MISUNDERSTANDING?

>> THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN OUT THERE.

HE'S NOW GOT A POLITICAL AD THAT IS UP IN A NUMBER OF THE SWING

STATES WHERE HE SAYS, "YOU KNOW,

I'VE BEEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.

DON'T BELIEVE WHAT MITT ROMNEY IS SAYING." ALL RIGHT, HERE'S WHAT THE

PRESIDENT SAID THAT GOT HIM INTO TROUBLE WITH THE REPUBLICANS.

>> Jon: ALL RIGHT, GOOD ON YOU, STEVE DOOCY.

I MADE FUN OF YOU IN THE PAST AS BEING A BIT OF A TOOL.

( LAUGHTER ).

THROW PILLOW OF MISINFORMATION.

DISINGENUOUS MUPPET-SHAPED PROPAGANDA DUDE, MY APOLOGIES.

YOU'RE NEW GOING TO PLAY THE UNEDITED VERSION SHOWING THE

LINE IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT LINE" THE ONES

ABOUT THE ROADS AND BRIDGES SO THANK YOU.

>> HERE'S WHAT THE PRESIDENT SAID THAT GOT HIM INTO TROUBLE WITH THE REPUBLICANS.

>> IF YOU'VE BEEN SUCCESSFUL,

YOU DIDN'T GET THERE ON YOUR OWN.

YOU DIDN'T GET THERE ON YOUR OWN.

I'M ALWAYS STRUCK BY PEOPLE WHO THINK, WOW, IT MUST BE BECAUSE I WAS JUST SO SMART.

THERE ARE A LOT OF SMART PEOPLE OUT THERE.

IT MUST BE BECAUSE I WORKED HARDER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING-- THERE ARE A WHOLE BUNCH OF HARDWORKING PEOPLE OUT THERE.

IF YOU'VE GOT A BUSINESS, YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

SOMEBODY ELSE MADE THAT HAPPEN.

>> Jon: WHERE WAS THE MIDDLE PART ABOUT THE BRIDGES AND ROADS?

YOU DIDN'T EVEN FLASH THROUGH IT.

YOU JUST HAD OBAMA DISSOLVE INTO DUST LIKE A BAD VAMPIRE.

THAT'S NOT CONTEXT.

THAT'S JUST DIFFERENT NO CONTEXT.

I THINK THAT MIGHT BE DISINGENUOUS MUPPET SHAPED PROPAGANDA.

>> MEET THE FOUNDERS OF COOL BLAST LEMONADE, SISTERS SEVEN-YEAR-OLD CLARA AND

FOUR-YEAR-OLD ELIZA SUTTON.

( LAUGHTER ).

>> Jon: GO ON.

>> HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT SAYING THAT YOU NEEDED HELP TO START THIS BUSINESS AND

JUST SPEAK FROM-- SPEAK FROM WITHIN.

>> I WOULD SAY THAT'S RUDE BECAUSE WE WORKED VERY HARD TO BUILD THIS BUSINESS.

BUT WE DID HAVE HELP.

>> AND YOUR HELP CAME FROM...?

>> OUR HELP CAME FROM OUR INVESTORS, OUR DAD AND STEPMOM,

ALONG WITH OTHER FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY.

>> Jon: CUT THE FEED!

CUT THE FEED!

( LAUGHTER ) CUT THE FEED!

RED EAGLE!

CAPTAIN JAMMIES AND LITTLE PRINCESS SAID THEY HAD HELP!

THEY'RE GOING ROGUE!

( LAUGHTER ) SO THEY HAD HELP FROM THEIR FAMILIES, LITERALLY, BIG BROTHER.

( LAUGHTER ) LOOK, THE CAMPAIGNS ALL LIKE TO HAVE FUN WITH GAFFES, MAKE IT A

BIG DEAL OUT OF A MISSTATEMENT IS A GREAT WAY TO WIN A NEWS CYCLE.

"THE PRIVATE SECTOR IS DOING FINE.

I LIKE FIRING PEOPLE.

I'LL TRANSMIT THIS INFORMATION TO VLADIMIR.

I REAL ESTATE LIKE FIRING PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY POOR ONES.

BUT THIS ISN'T A GAFFE AND MITT ROMNEY IS NOT HAVING A LITTLE FUN WITH IT.

THE DELIBERATE MISSTATING OF OBAMA'S POSITION IS NOW THE CENTERPIECE OF ROMNEY'S ENTIRE CAMPAIGNS.

HE'S GOT SIGNAGE, T-SHIRTS, AND THIS UNRELENTING AD.

>> IF YOU'VE GOT A BUSINESS, YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

IF YOU'VE GOT A BUSINESS THAT-- YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

IF YOU'VE GOT A BUSINESS, THAT-- YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

>> Jon: APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

WE GET IT.

MR. ROMNEY HANGING YOUR ATTACK ON A PERSON'S SLIGHT GREATICAL MISSTEP IS WHAT PEOPLE DO IN AN

ARGUMENT WHEN THEY'RE COMPLETELY ( BLEEP ) AND THEY KNOW THEY HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

I KNOW YOU, MITT ROMNEY, WOULD LIKE THIS ELECTION TO BE A STARK CHOICE FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

BETWEEN OBAMA'S VISION OF A MARXIST STATE-RUN OLIGARCHY AND YOUR SIMPLE ODE TO THE FREEDOM

OUR FOUNDERS ENVISIONED, BECAUSE GIVEN THAT CHOICE YOU WOULD...

COME REALLY CLOSE.

( LAUGHTER ).

BUT YOU'RE NOT RUNNING AGAINST THIS GUY, STRAWMAN JOHNSON.

( LAUGHTER ) THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENCES IN ECONOMIC POLICY BETWEEN AND

YOU THE PRESIDENT THAT YOU COULD USE TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT OUR ECONOMY THAT MIGHT EVEN BE

PRODUCTIVE FOR OUR FUTURE WELL-BEING.

BUT THAT DISCUSSION IS A MATTER OF DEGREES NOT A MATTER OF FUNDAMENTAL DIAMETRICALLY

OPPOSED WORLD VIEWS.

HERE'S HOW I KNOW-- MR. PRESIDENT AND MR. ROMNEY,

ARGUE IT OUT.

>> IF YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL,

SOMEBODY ALONG THE LINE GAVE YOU SOME HELP.

>> I KNOW THAT YOU RECOGNIZE A LOT OF PEOPLE HELP YOU IN A BUSINESS.

>> THERE WAS A GREAT TEACHER SOMEWHERE IN YOUR LIFE.

>> YOUR SCHOOL TEACHERS.

>> GOVERNMENT RESEARCH CREATED THE INTERNET SO THAT ALL THE COMPANIES COULD MAKE MONEY OFF

THE INTERNET.

>> THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT WHO HELP US AND ALLOW TO US HAVE AN ECONOMY THAT WORKS.

>> SOMEBODY INVESTED IN ROADS AND BRIDGES.

>> PEOPLE WHO BUILD ROADS.

>> IF YOU'VE GOT A BUSINESS.

>> YOU REALLY COULDN'T HAVE A BUSINESS IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THOSE THINGS.

>> YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

>> TAKE THAT, MR. PRESIDENT ( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ).

>> Jon: WE'LL BE RIGHT

Loading...