Mike Huckabee Pt. 2

  • Aired:  11/12/12
  •  | Views: 70,342

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee quotes the Bible to defend a political advertisement's controversial religious imagery. (5:45)

>> Jon: WE'RE TALKING WITH GOVERNOR MIKE HUCKABEE ABOUT AN IMPORTANT ISSUE.

WHEN YOU KEEP DEMONIZING THESE GROUPS WHETHER IT BE SINGLE WOMEN, BLACK PEOPLE, ILL ILLEGAL

IMMIGRANTS, IT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK WITH THEM AS A COLLABORATION.

WHY WOULD YOU COLLABORATE WITH EVIL PEOPLE?

WHEN YOU CONVINCE THEM THEY'RE EVIL.

WHY WORK WITH THEM

>> I WON'T DEFEND THAT.

I HOPE YOU WOULDN'T DEFEND THAT EVERY TIME CHRISTIANS ARE DEPICTED ON MANY OF THE TALK

SHOWS THEY'RE DEPICTED AS HOMOPHOBIC, RACIST, YOU KNOW,...

>> Jon: DON'T CONFUSE THAT THOUGH WHEN PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING SCIENTIFIC BUT WHEN THEY'RE

AGAINST... YOU CAN ARGUE WITH SOMEONE ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE.

YOU CAN CHALLENGE SOMEONE ON CLIMATE CHANGE WHEN THEY PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST AND SAY THAT'S

UNSCIENTIFIC BECAUSE THAT'S A FACT.

>> ONE OF THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL CONSERVATIVE VIEWS IS THAT OF BELIEVING PRO-LIFE BELIEVING

THAT EVERY LIFE HAS VALUE AND WORTH.

THAT'S SCIENTIFIC BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT BIOLOGICALLY LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION.

THAT'S IRREFUTABLE FROM A BIOLOGICAL STANDPOINT.

YOU CAN ARGUE THE THEOLOGY OF IT.

YOU CAN ARGUE THE PHILOSOPHY OF IT.

YOU CAN'T ARGUE THE BIOLOGY OF THE BEGINNING OF LIFE

>> Jon: I DON'T KNOW THAT... I MEAN THAT'S SUCH A LOADED...

HERE'S WHY I ASK YOU BECAUSE I NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE THE NICE GRANDFATHER WHO SITS...

>> I'M A WONDERFUL GRANDFATHER Jon: AND TALKS TO ME VERY RESPECTFULLY.

THERE WAS A COMMERCIAL THAT YOU MADE DURING THE ELECTION THAT TROUBLED ME TO SOME EXTENT.

>> I HOPE IT'S THE ONE I'M THINKING ABOUT

>> Jon: IT SHOW IT FOR ME THIS NOVEMBER CHRISTIANS ACROSS THE NATION WILL BE PUT TO

THE TEST.

SOME ISSUES ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE.

THE RIGHT TO LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH.

MARRIAGE SHOULD BE REINFORCED, NOT REDEFINED.

IT IS AN EGREGIOUS VIOLATION OF OUR CHERISHED PRINCIPLE OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY.

YOUR VOTE WILL AFFECT THE FUTURE AND BE RECORDED IN ETERNITY.

THIS IS MIKE HUCKABEE ASKING YOU TO JOIN ME NOVEMBER 6 AND VOTE BASED ON VALUES THAT WILL STAND

THE TEST OF FIRE.

>> Jon: OKAY.

I'M GLAD YOU BROUGHT THAT ONE UP

>> Jon: I LOOK AT THAT AND I GO ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU VOTE FOR THE DEMOCRATS YOU'RE GOING TO HELL?

>> NO.

Jon: IT SURE LOOKED LIKE HELL.

I'M GOING TO HELL ANYWAY.

I'M A JEW.

I ALREADY KNOW WHERE I'M GOING.

MY POINT IS, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN WATCH AND IF I DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT GAY

MARRIAGE I'M GOING TO HELL?

>> IF THEY'RE BIBLICALLY ILL LITERAL THEY WOULD.

1 CORINTHIANS 10 THE WHOLE METAPHOR OF THE CHRISTIAN GOSPEL.

SERIOUSLY, WHOLE METAPHOR IS ABOUT THAT YOUR WORKS ARE TESTED BY FIRE.

THAT BIBLICAL PASSAGE IS ONE THAT EVERY BELIEVER, EVERY NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVER IS GOING TO

UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS.

I HEARD PEOPLE ON TELEVISION SAY, OH, MIKE HUCKABEE SAYING IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY

YOU'RE GOING TO HELL.

NEVER SAID THAT.

NEVER SAID ROMNEY.

NEVER SAID OBAMA.

>> Jon: THERE'S A PRETTY GOOD CONNECTION BETWEEN THAT AND HELL

>> NO THERE'S NOT.

1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 10, READ IT JON.

IT TALKS ABOUT THAT OUR WORKS ARE PUT THROUGH THE TEST OF FIRE JUST LIKE YOU WOULD PUT METAL IN

THE FORGE AND THAT'S WHAT WAS THE IMAGERY

>> Jon: BUT YOU NARROWED YOUR WORKS TO TWO THINGS: PRO-LIFE AND ANTIGAY MARRIAGE.

>> NOT ANTIGAY MARRIAGE.

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANTI-SOMETHING AND IF YOU'RE FOR SOMETHING

>> Jon: WHAT ARE YOU FOR MARRIAGE IS A BIBLICAL MODEL Jon: THE BIBLICAL MODEL IS POLYGAMY.

>> NO, JON.

ADAM AND EVE.

POLYGAMY CAME MUCH LATER THAN THAT AND LATER WAS REPUDIATED

>> Jon: THE PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE REDEFINED

>> JESUS SAID A SHALL LEAVE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER AND THE WOMAN WILL LEAVE HER HOME AND THE TWO

SHALL BECOME ONE

>> Jon: ISN'T IT THE HEIGHT OF MAN'S ARROGANCE TO PRESUME WHAT JESUS WOULD VOTE FOR DOWN THE

LINE AS A VALUE?

THIS IS MY POINT.

WE CAN COME ON AND HAVE A CONVERSATION.

WHEN I SEE THAT AND I GO MIKE HUCKABEE DOESN'T JUST DISAGREE E.THM HE BELIEVES MY POSITION THAT GAY

PEOPLE ARE MEMBERS OF THE SPECIES AND WHOEVER THEY LOVE MARRIAGE STRENGTHENS TRADITIONAL

FAMILIES BECAUSE GAY FAMILIES ARE WONDERFUL FAMILIES RAISING WONDERFUL KIDS.

THAT'S A VALUE... AND THE VALUE OF THEM IS NOT THEIR GAYNESS.

MARRIAGE IS ABOUT HONEST, TRUST WORTHY PEOPLE WORKING IN A LOVING HOUSEHOLD, HAVING NOTHING

TO DO WITH WHAT THEIR SEXUALITY IS.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ME BELIEVING THAT IS REGISTERED IN THE BOOK OF FIRE?

>> IT'S NOT THE BOOK OF FIRE.

Jon: THE ANVIL OF FIRE WITH THE FIRE GUY

>> I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TEACH YOU WHAT IT IS TO GO A BLACK SMITH'S SHOP AND HOW YOU CREATE CREATE...

>> Jon: ALL YOU WERE SAYING IS THIS IS GOING TO BE IN A METAL BOOK?

>> NO.

JON, THE POINT OF ALL OF THIS IS IT IS A MESSAGE TO CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS, SAYING TO THEM THAT

YOUR VOTE CAN'T BE SEPARATED FROM YOUR FAITH.

ALL OF OUR WORKS ARE GOING TO BE TESTED BY FIRE

>> Jon: LET ME ASK YOU THIS.

WHAT IF THEY VOTED FOR SOMEONE THAT THEY FELT WASN'T GOOD FOR POVERTY OR GOOD FOR PROGRAMS FOR

THE POOR, WILL THAT BE RECORDED IN THE SAME WAY AS THE GAY MARRIAGE?

>> EVERY VOTE IS GOING TO BE Jon: WHERE IS THAT COMMERCIAL?

>> WE ONLY HAVE 60 SECONDS.

SNOP DO YOU GET AT SOME LEVEL WHERE MY DISSATISFACTION IS COMING FROM?

>> NO, I NEVER WILL UNDERSTAND YOUR DISSATISFACTION, JON.

>> Jon: ON THE BOOK SHELVES NOW.

BUY THE BOOK.

MIKE HUCKABEE.

Loading...