Josh Brolin

  • Aired:  01/10/13
  •  | Views: 30,024

Josh Brolin displays his masculinity, addresses his recent run-in with the law, and questions Jon's interview preparedness. (6:30)

>> Jon: DWOAM BACK.

MY GUEST TONIGHT AN ACTOR.

HIS NEW MOVIE IS CALLED "GANGSTER SQUAD."

>> WHEN WE SUCCEED, NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW WHAT WE'VE DONE.

NO MEDALS NEW YORK PROMOTION, BUT I'M D NO MEDALS, NO PROMOTION BUT I'M HERE TO TELL

YOU THERE'S DEATH IN IT WAITING FOR THE MAN WHO HESITATES.

OUR ONLY ADVANTAGE IS HE WON'T KNOW WHO WE ARE.

I HAVE ONLY ONE RULE IN THIS OUTFIT.

LEAVE THESE AT HOME.

WE'RE NOT SOLVING A CASE HERE WE'RE GOING TO WAR.

>> Jon: PLEASE WELCOME JOSH BROLIN.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

PLEASE --

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

HAVE A SEAT.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

WELL DONE.

THE LEGION SALUTES.

>> WHEN THEY CAUGHT BACK TO THE OTHER PEOPLE, I CAN'T TELL WHETHER THEY ARE BORED LISTENING

TO THAT GREAT EXPOSITION OR NOT.

>> Jon: NOT BORED AT ALL.

>> WE'RE GOING TO WAR.

>> Jon: WE'RE GOING TO WAR.

THEY SHOULD CALL THIS FILM, NOT GANGSTER QUAD BUT HANDSOME SQUAD.

BECAUSE EVERY ONE OF THOSE SHOTS.

THERE'S ONE GUY IN THERE, I CAN'T REMEMBER HIM.

>> ROBERT PATRICK THE OLD GUY.

GEE VANO.

>> DICK: TREMENDOUS ACTOR.

THE MUSTACHE ON A NORMAL MAN, THE MUSTACHE DISQUALIFIES YOU FROM HAND SOME SQUAD AND YET --

>> NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

>> Jon: THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES.

YOU WERE SO GOOD IN THAT.

>> DID YOU LIKE THE MUSTACHE.

YOU DON'T REMEMBER IT DO YOU REMEMBER JAVIER'S FUNKY HAIRCUT.

YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME IN THE MOVIE.

>> Jon: THAT'S NOT TRUE.

>> WE'RE GOING TO WAR.

>> Jon:.

[ LAUGHTER ]

DO YOU MAKE THE FACIAL HAIR CHARACTER CHOICE?

I WAS IN A MANY OFY ONCE MANY YEARS AGO.

I DECIDED TO MAKE A HAIR CHOICE I'M GOING TO COMB IT FORWARD.

>> WITH YOUR PLAYING LIKE THE VILLAGE IDIOT.

>> Jon: WORSE.

THAT WAS THE TITLE OF THE ROLE WAS PLAYING.

>> THE VILLAGE IDIOT.

IT WAS THE ONLY MOVIE I WAS IN THAT THE CHARACTER HAD A FULL NAME.

>> YOU KNOW WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT YOUR SHOW.

USUALLY YOU DO THE SHOWS AND YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE MOMENTUM.

>> Jon: WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

>> LETTERMAN S, OR WHATEVER, LENO.

I START TO TALK AND YOU HAVE ANOTHER JOKE ALREADY.

HOW MANY TIMES ALREADY HAVE I DONE THIS?

>> Jon: EXACTLY.

LET ME TELL YOU WHY.

DON'T INTERRUPT ME.

[ LAUGHTER ]

STOP IT.

HOLD ON.

HERE IS WHY: HERE IS WHY:

>> YES, I'M LISTENING.

>> Jon: THOSE OTHER GUYS PREPARE.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> I'M A SPOAN -- SPONSOR SPONTANEOUS ACTOR JNCH RIGHT NOW WE'RE ON A J-DATE.

WE'RE FEELING EACH OTHER OUT.

TWO WOVLES.

TWO ALPHA MALE.

ONE ALPHA MALE AND ONE LAB DOOR RETRIEVER.

WE'RE SNIFFING EACH OTHER AS BUTTS A LITTLE BIT.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME.

NEXT TIME YOU GET TO TALK.

>> YOU BACKED UP.

>> Jon: I DID.

>> YOU SOUGHT HAIR ON YOUR FINGERS HE SAID HE IS MORE OF A MAN THAN I AM.

>> Jon: I'M MORE OF AN OTTER THAN YOU.

YOU ARE NOT A HERSUIT MAN?

BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT --

>> DO YOU WANT TO SEE?

I'M NOT.

>> Jon: NO, NO, NO.

>> YOU ASKED, BROTHER.

SORRY?

THANK YOU, EVERYONE.

GOOD NIGHT.

>> THANK YOU.

>> Jon: COME BACK HERE.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT MY SIXTH GREAT CHEST.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> I AM THE NEXT EVOLUTIONARY LEVEL.

WE KEPT THE KNEE AND DLRKS NEANDERTHAL BUT LOST THE TALL.

>> Jon: YOU PLAY THE HAND SOME DUDE.

>> EVERYBODY ELSE IS LIKE QUASI MODO.

CRIMEHOUSE DID YOU SEE IT.

>> Jon: NO.

>> WHAT KIND OF RESEARCH HAVE YOU DONE ON ME.

>> Jon: I KNOW YOU GOT ARRESTED NEW YEAR'S EVE.

>> (bleep).

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> Jon: THAT'S ALL I KNOW.

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

I DON'T HAVE TIME.

[ LAUGHTER ]

BY THE WAY, LET ME SAY.

THIS DOES IT MAKE YOU MORE COMFORTABLE IF I TALK LIKE THIS.

>> Jon: I READ THE REPORT ARRESTED FOR INTOXICATION FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE.

ISN'T THAT CALLED NEW YEAR'S EVE.

>> IT IS NEW YEAR'S EVE.

>> Jon: I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT.

>> THANK YOU FOR NOT CARING BECAUSE NONE OF US CARE ABOUT IT.

>> DO YOU CARE ABOUT IT?

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

>> Jon: IF I WAS TO SEAT JOSH BROLIN -- GIVE ME THE LIST.

>> YOU WANT ME TO GO DOWN MY FAVORITES LIST OF JOSH BROLIN.

>> Jon: YES.

>> REALLY?

HOW MANY EMMYS DO YOU HAVE, TEN?

I FEEL SO LESS THAN RIGHT NOW.

>> Jon: LESS THAN ME?

>> I DO.

>> Jon: REALLY?

>> I'LL GET AN EMMY ONE DAY OR MAYBE YOU'LL GIVE UP UP IN MY GIFT BAG.

>> Jon: I WOULD BUT I'M BUILDING A FORT SO I CAN'T.

>> YOU HAVE YOUNG KIDS.

I HAVE OLDER KIDS.

>> Jon: YOU AND I ARE PROBABLY THE SAME.

WE'RE 50 ARE YOU NOT.

>> NO.

>> Jon: I'M 50 ARE YOU --

>> SORRY.

>> Jon: YOU ARE YOUNGER?

>> I'M 45.

>> Jon: CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING IS IT ZPLEEM THAT'S GOOD LIVING?

>> I THINK IT'S THE GRAY, TOO.

>> Jon: CAN I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, PEOPLE MEET ME ON THE STREET THE FIRST THING THEY SAY

TO ME IS THIS, ARE YOU OKAY?

>> BECAUSE YOU LOOK ILL.

>> Jon: BECAUSE I LOOK LIKE I HAVE HEPATITIS IN REAL LIFE.

>> I'LL GET YOU A WALKER.

>> Jon: CAN I TELL YOU SOMETHING, I SAY THIS WITH ALL DUE RESPECT THIS WAS NICE.

I ENJOYED OUR J-DATE.

YOU ARE A GOOD MAN.

"GANGSTER SQUAD" IN

Loading...