Marion Cotillard

  • Aired:  09/08/11
  •  | Views: 74,524

Marion Cotillard considers Will Ferrell her god but doesn't like to touch anyone. (6:03)

>> Jon: MY GUEST TONIGHT,

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTRESS.

HER NEW FILM IS CALLED

"CONTAGION".

>> THAT'S HIM.

I CAN SHOW YOU THE UKRAINIAN

WOMAN IN THE SECURITY CAMERA IN

THE ELEVATOR GOING BACK TO HER

ROOM 0 MINUTES EARLIER.

SHE WAS GONE.

IT CAME FROM HERE.

AND THE PATIENT SHE WENT BEFORE

THE CASINO.

>> I WANT TO SEE HER EYE

CONTINUE RAREY AGAIN.

>> THEY SAY THE FRENCH AND

AMERICANS HAVE A CURE AT

MANUFACTURING IN SECRET.

THEY KNOW WE'RE IN BED WITH THE

AMERICANS.

>> GO AHEAD.

>> THE INTERNET.

>> Jon: THAT'S RIGHT (bleep)

WE HAVE THE CURE.

MR. PRESIDENT WELCOME -- PLEASE

WELCOME MARION COTILLARD.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

HOW ARE YOU?

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

VERY NICE TO SEE YOU.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

HOW ARE YOU?

>> I'M GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?

>> Jon: SO NICE TO SEE YOU.

>> SO NICE TO SEE YOU,nb TOO.

>> Jon: THANKS FOR BEING HERE.

>> I'M VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE.

>> Jon: THE TAG LINE OF THE

FILM IS DON'T TALK TO ANYONE,

DON'T TOUCH ANYONE.

I'M SURE YOU DON'T KNOW THIS,

THAT IS ACTUALLY THE MOTTO OF

NEW|รง YORK SUBWAY SYSTEM.

[ LAUGHTER ]

WE HAVE IT IN LATIN RIGHT

OVER --

>> DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING EITHER

BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY

ANYONE.

>> Jon: HAS THIS EFFECTED --

HAVE YOU IN ANYWAY GERMO PHOBIC

OR A BIT OF A HYPOCHONDRIAC?

>> ABSOLUTELY.

>> Jon: I AM AS WELL.

>> WE SHARE THAT.

THAT'S WHY WE DON'T TOUCH EACH

OTHER.

>> Jon: WHEN THEY BROUGHT YOU

A SCRIPT ABOUT DISEASE DID YOU

THINK TO YOURSELF AT ANY POINT

THIS IS GOING TO SCARE JON

STEWART?

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> WELL, HONESTLY, NO.

[ LAUGHTER ]

BUT NEXT TIME I READ ANY SCRIPT

I WILL THINK ABOUT YOU OR WHAT

MIGHT SCARE OR WHAT YOU MIGHT

LOVE --

>> Jon: IT'S ALMOST

EVERYTHING.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> WOW.

>> Jon: IT'S NOT EASY BEING

ME.

>> LIKE EVEN COMEDY?

EVERYTHING SCARES YOU.

>> Jon: COMEDY IS THE WORST,

QUITE FRANKLY.

ESPECIALLY THE CRAZY BAD ONES,

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

THEY DRIVE ME INSANE.

>> I LOVE THEM.

OH, MY GOD.

WILL FERRELL IS MY GOD.

>> Jon: YOU SAID YOUR GOD OR

YOUR GUY?

>> GOD!

[ LAUGHTER ] YEAH.

>> Jon: THAT'S AWESOME.

[ LAUGHTER ]

HOW FUNNY IS THAT GUY?

HE CAME OUT HERE FOR AN

INTERVIEW ONCE --

>> WITH A BASEBALL --

>> Jon: WITH A BASEBALL BAT.

>> BASEBALL BAT.

>> Jon: YOU ARE ACTING LIKE I

SAID IT WRONG?

>> SORRY.

I'M SORRY.

OH, MY GOSH.

CAN WE DO THAT?

DO YOU THINK WE CAN?

AVIAN FLU.

>> Jon: I LOVE THOSE GUYS.

I DON'T GET TO SEE THEM ENOUGH

BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS HERE

INTERVIEWING PEOPLE WHO HAVE

WRITTEN BOOKS ABOUT McKINLEY.

LIKE I GIVE A (bleep).

[ LAUGHTER ]

WHAT IS -- THIS TYPE OF THING,

YOU KNOW, BECAUSE YOU'RE A GREAT

ACTRESS, YOU START TO RESEARCH A

ROLE.

AS YOU DO IT, DO YOU GET MORE

COME FOR THED BY THE KNOWLEDGE

THAT -- COMFORTED BY THE

KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU GET OR MORE

FRAYED BY THE KNOWLEDGE YOU GET.

THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION,

YOU PROBABLY TALKED TO THEM RED

SOX YOU MORE COMFORTED FROM

TALKING TO THEM OR MORE NERVOUS?

>> IN THAT CASE TALKING TO THOSE

PEOPLE AND NOT TALKING TO THEM

AND KNOWING WHAT THEY DO WILL

NOT COMFORT ME BECAUSE IT

DOESN'T -- EVEN THOUGH THEY TRY

TO HANDLE THE THING TO FIND THE

ORIGIN AND TO CONTAIN THE

DISEASE, IT'S THERE.

>> THE DISEASE IS THERE?

>> YEAH.

>> IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE.

WHAT WAS VERY INTERESTING WAS

THE PEOPLE I SPOKE WITH AT WHO

WAS HOW THEY HANDLE IT.

ARE THEY SCARED.

>> Jon: WHAT IS YOUR SENSE OF

IT?

>> THEY ARE TRAINED TO HAVE COLD

BLOOD.

DO YOU HAVE HAVE THIS

EXPRESSION, MAYBE NOT.

>> Jon: WE CALL THEM

(bleep).

>> NO, NO, NO.

COLD BLOOD IS WHEN YOU --

>> Jon:S IT'S TO INTERESTING

HOW THE WORDS ARE DIFFERENT IN

FRENCH.

>> IT'S NOT (bleep) AT ALL.

LIKE.

>> Jon: WHEN YOU SAY THAT

THERE'S A ROMANCE TO IT.

IT'S SOMETHING LIKE -- YOU COULD

TELL ME IF I CUT YOU OFF IN THE

ItQEET AND YOU WERE LIKE

(bleep) I WOULD BE LIKE SHE'S

SO SWEET.

THEY ARE TRAINED NOT TO DRAIN

THE EMOTION.

>> SCABLGHTLY.

THAT'S WHAT WE CALL -- EXACTLY.

THAT'S WHAT WE CALL COLD BLOOD.

>> Jon: STOIC.

>> YES.

>> Jon: REPTILIAN.

(bleep).

>> SORRY, GUYS, YOU HELPED ME A

LOT.

>> Jon: I KNOW WHAT IT BOILS

DOWN TO IN THE END.

THIS IS FOR THE KIDS IN ANY OF

THESE MOVIES, DON'T HAVE SEX

WITH WILD MONKEYS.

[ LAUGHTER ]

IF THERE WAS A TAKE AWAY FROM

ANY OF THESE VIRUS MOVIES --

OBVIOUSLY FOR THE KIDS.

>> YEAH.

WELL, I WOULD ADD ANY ANIMAL

BASICALLY.

WE ARE ALL ANIMALS.

>> Jon: YOU HAVEN'T BEEN FOR A

WHILE TO SOUTH CAROLINA?

>> WELL, NO.

>> Jon: "CONTAGION" I GET IN

TERRI

Loading...