Indecision 2012 - Mittstorm

  • Aired:  12/01/11
  •  | Views: 114,833

Mitt Romney gets defensive when Fox News' Bret Baier asks him about his previous, more liberal political positions. (5:39)

>> Jon: JUST SO YOU KNOW THE

REAL PROFESSOR BUTTERSCOTCH

IS ALIVE.

I DIDN'T REALLY SQUEEZE HER

SO HARD SHE TURNED INTO A

GLASS SIAMESE CAT.

ANYWAY, IF YOU HAVE BEEN

FOLLOWING THE REPUBLICAN

PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY YOU

NOTICE THAT THE DEFAULT

REPUBLICAN NOMINEE MITT

ROMNEY SPENDS LITTLE OR NO

TIME DOING INTERVIEWS ON THE

TV WHERE THE OTHER

CANDIDATES ARE WORKING THE

SUNDAY NEWS SHOW CIRCUIT

LIKE A POLITICIAN RUNNING

FOR PRESIDENT.

WHY NO ONE ON ONES FOR

ROMNEY?

BECAUSE HE'S RUNNING A

CLASSIC POLITICAL GAMBIT

CALL KD THE MARLIN MONEY

STER STRATEGY.

ROMNEY APPEARS ONLY IN

DEBATE SURROUNDED BY MONEY

STERS.

AKA THE OTHER REPUBLICAN

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES.

AND INSTANTLY VOTERS THINK

THAT PRETTY ONE SEEMS NORMAL.

BUT ON TUESDAY NIGHT ROMNEY

DECIDED TO DITCH THE MONEY

STERS AND SIT DOWN

ONE-ON-ONE WITH FOX NEWS

BRETT BAIER WHO FOR NO

APPARENT REASON SURROUNDED

ROMNEY WITH JELLIES AND

MARMALADES.

OR MAYBE THAT'S THE FOX

SURVIVAL BUNKER THAT GLENN

BECK LEFT BEHIND.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: CAN'T THINK OF-- BUT

IT WAS A GOOD INTERVIEW BY

BAIER AND AS BAIER TOLD BILL

O'REILLY AFTERWARD, ROMNEY

DIDN'T LIKE IT SO MUCH.

>> HE THOUGHT IT WAS OVERLY

AGGRESSIVE.

CLEARLY GOT UP SET WITH THE

QUESTION.

HE WAS IRRITATED BY THE

INTERVIEW.

>> AND AFTER WE FINISHED HE

WENT TO HIS HOLDING ROOM AND

THEN CAME BACK AND SAID HE

DIDN'T LIKE THE INTERVIEW.

AND THOUGHT IT WAS UNCALLED

FOR.

>> Jon: OH [BLEEP], JAM

FIGHT IN THE MARMALADE ROOM!

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: JAM FIGHT IN THE

MARMALADE ROOM!

LET'S GO TO IT LET'S SEE

WHAT IS ON.

>> LIGHTNING ROUND HERE.

WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU

READ.

>> I'M READING A FUN ONE SO

I WILL SKIP THAT, I JUST

READ DECISION POINTS BY

PRESIDENT BUSH.

>> Jon: GOOD CALL ON READING

THE FUN ONE THAT MIGHT

HUMANIZE YOU UNDER YOUR HAT.

FAVORITE FOOD.

>> I'M GOING TO KEEP ONES

THAT OTHER HUMANS EAT TO

MYSELF, AND-- PROTEIN-BASED

PASTE.

(LAUGHTER)

NAILED IT.

BY THE WAY, MITT DID YOU SAY

THE BOOK YOU JUST FINISHED

WAS PRESIDENT BUSH'S

DECISION POINTS, BECAUSE IF

I RECALL ARE YOU WERE ASKED

THAT SAME QUESTION GO SIX

MONTHS AGO ON THE "TODAY

SHOW".

LET'S SEE WHAT --

>> WHAT IS THE LAST BOOK YOU

READ.

>> I JUST FINISHED PRESIDENT

BUSH'S BOOK, DECISIONS

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: TELL ME SOMETHING,

YOU CAN'T JUST FINISH THE

SAME BOOK TWICE OVER A SIX

MONTH SPAN.

THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS

ON JUST FINISHED A BOOK IS

LIKE TWO WEEKS.

ACTUALLY THAT WASN'T EVEN A

PART OF THE INTERVIEW THAT

MADE ROMNEY UP SET.

THIS WAS.

>> YOU HAVE BEEN ON BOTH

SIDES OF SOME ISSUES.

>> CLIMATE CHANGE, ABORTION,

IMMIGRATION, GAY RIGHTS.

>> WELL, BRETT, YOUR LIST IS

JUST NOT ACCURATE.

SO ONE WE'RE GOING HAVE TO

BE BETTER INFORMED ON MY

VIEWS ON ISSUES AND OUR

PLAN --

>> DID YOU SAY ON CAMERA

ANDO AND OTHER PLACES THAT

AT TIMES YOU THOUGHT IT

WOULD BE A MODEL FOR THE

NATION.

>> YOU ARE WRONG, BRETT.

>> NO, NO, THERE IS TAPE.

>> NO, THE TAPE OUT THERE,

CONTINUE TO READ THE TAPE

AND THE TAPE GOES ON TO SAY

FOR EACH STATE TO BE ABLE TO

LOOK AT IT,.

>> FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T

READ TAPES.

SECOND OF ALL--

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: I'M SURE IF YOU READ

IT LONG ENOUGH IT IS AS WHAT

YOU ARE SAYING TO YOU

BECAUSE IT TAKES YOU INTO

PRESENT-DAY WHERE YOU HAVE

COMPLETELY CHANGED YOUR

POSITION.

SO BUT HERE'S THE THING,

LOOK HOW ANGRY AND DEFENSIVE

MITT ROMNEY GETS ANSWERING

QUESTIONS ABOUT PREVIOUS

POLITICAL POSITIONS HE TOOK

WHEN HE WAS GOVERNOR OF A

MORE LIBERAL STATE,

MASSACHUSETTS.

AND THE POLITICAL POSITIONS

HE TOOK WHEN HE WAS RUNNING

FOR PRESIDENT IN THE MORE

MODERATE 2008 REPUBLICAN

PRIMARY.

WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT

EVASIVE, DEFENSIVE ATTITUDE

RECENTLY.

>> SHE HAD THE 61 TEXT OR

CALL, SOME OF THEM -- OR 5

IN THE MORNING.

>> ALL THIS IS AS IS 61

CALLS.

I TALK TO A LOT OF PEOPLE 61

TIMES.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW OVER WHAT

PERIOD OF TIME.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: BUT WAIT, THAT'S

HERMAN CAIN TRYING TO EVADE

QUESTIONS ABOUT A POTENTIAL

MISTRESS.

I MEAN WHY WOULD MITT ROMNEY

BEHAVE THE SAME WAY ABOUT

HIS POLIT-- I THINK I

FIGURED OUT WHAT IS GOING ON

HERE.

JUST LIKE HERMAN CAIN, MITT

ROMNEY HAS AN EMBARRASSING

PERSON IN HIS PAST WHO HE IS

DESPERATELY TRYING TO HIDE.

FOR HERMAN KANE A WOMAN

NAMED GINGER WHITE.

FOR MITT ROMNEY, IT'S MITT

ROMNEY.

(LAUGHTER)

MITT ROMNEY, MITT ROMNEY IS

HIS OWN MISTRESS.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: AND BY THE WAY, IT

MAKES SENSE BECAUSE THEY SAY

OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

ROMNEY KNOWS IF VOTERS FIND

OUT ABOUT THIS OTHER FAR

MORE LIBERAL GUY HE'S BEEN

WITH, THEY'LL NEVER TRUST

HIM AGAIN.

OH, THE EMBARRASSMENT.

HERE HE WAS TO TRUMP THE

PUBLIC FIGURE HOLDING

POLITICAL OFFICE OFFICE ALL

WHILE SECRETLY LAVISHING HIS

LOVER WITH HEALTH CARE AND

AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL

IMMIGRANTS.

AND I'M SURE HE'S JUST GOING

TO CLAIM THAT HE WAS FRIENDS

WITH HIS YOUNGER SPOUSE BUT

COME ON-- ARE YOU GOING TO

TELL ME NEVER TAPPED THAT?

(LAUGHTER)

Loading...