Trey Parker & Matt Stone

  • Aired:  06/15/11
  •  | Views: 273,743

Trey Parker and Matt Stone become the Broadway establishment after "The Book of Mormon" wins at the Tony Awards. (5:43)

MY GUEST TONIGHT, THE CREATORS

OF "SOUTH PARK."

THE BOOK OF MORMONS JUST WON

8,000 TONY AWARDS, INCLUDING

BEST MUSICAL.

PLEASE WELCOME BACK TO THE

PROGRAM TREY PARKER AND MATT

STONE.

>> HEY, MAN.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]

>> YES, YOU ARE THE LORDS OF

BROADWAY.

THAT MUST... TELL ME ABOUT YOUR

TONYS.

THIS WAS INCREDIBLE.

EVERY TIME AN AWARD WAS UP

PRETTY MUCH "BOOK OF MORMONS

TOOK IT"

>> YEAH, IT WAS PRETTY GREAT

WHEN CHRIS ROCKER SAID, "IT'S

LIKE TAKING A HOOKER OUT THE

DINNER."

>> WHEN HE SAID, THAT I'M LIKE,

DON'T SAY, THAT IT'S GOING TO BE

SOMETHING ELSE.

NO, DON'T BELIEVE THIS.

>> Jon: THE BROADWAY COMMUNITY

CAN BE AN INSULAR, A LITTLE BIT

SENATEY.

DID THEY ACCEPT YOU GUYS, YOU'RE

CLEARLY OUTSIDERS.

MAYBE THEY THINK YOU DON'T

RESPECT THEIR CRAFT.

HOW DID THEY TREAT YOU GUYS?

>> ACTUALLY REALLY WELL.

PEOPLE WARNED US BEFORE WE DID

THE SHOW THAT BROADWAY YOU HAVE

TO COME IN HUMBLE, YOU KNOW,

COME IN LIKE, THIS DON'T COME IN

GUNS ABLAZING BECAUSE IT'S LIKE

THE ESTABLISHMENT.

>> Jon: WHY WOULD THEY THINK

YOU GUYS WOULD COME IN

GUNS-ABLAZEIN'.

>> LIKE MATT SAID, WE WERE

SITTING THERE AT THE TONYS AND

BONO AND EDGE GOT UP THERE, AND

WE'RE LIKE, THEY DON'T HAVE A

SHOW NOMINATED FOR A TONY.

WHY ARE THEY HERE THIS SEASON?

SO WE'RE THE SENATEY BROADWAY

PEOPLE NOW.

>> NOW WE'RE THE ESTABLISHMENT.

>> WHAT ARE THOSE RAPSCALLIONS

DOING HERE?

AREN'T THEY ROCKERS?

[IN BRITISH ACCENT]

>> WE HAD TO CATCH OURSELVES.

>> Jon: HOW COOL WOULD IT WITH

TO SHAVE BONO.

WHEN YOU SEE THEM, SUP, LOSER.

IT'S LIKE BONO AND THE EDGE.

>> IT WAS PRETTY GREAT BECAUSE

FOR A SOUTH PARK MOVIE, I LOST

THE OSCAR TO PHIL COLLINS.

SO IF I LOSE AN OSCAR TO PHIL

COLLINS AND I LOSE THE ONY TO

BONO, I WOULD BE SO BUMMED OUT.

>> THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE

SIX MONTHS AGO WHEN WE DOING THE

SHOW IN OUR WORKSHOP AND ALL THE

TALK WAS ABOUT SPIDER-MAN BEFORE

ANYBODY HAD SEEN WHAT A TRAIN

WRECK.

AND WE'RE THINKING, HERE GOES,

WE'RE GOING TO LOSE TO BONO, GOD

DANG IT.

>> Jon: AND NOW IT TURNS

AROUND.

I GUESS THEY OPENED LAST NIGHT.

>> Jon: THEY OPENED LAST

NIGHT, BUT HOW DOES THAT WORK

THAT YOU GET TO OPEN AND THEN

YOU GET TO SAY, NO, IT'S NOT

OPEN.

OPEN AGAIN.

AND JUST KEEP DOING IT.

>> WHAT ARE THEY DOING.

ROCKERS TRYING TO DO BROADWAY.

>> Jon: I'M JUST SAYING, THE

WHOLE THING IS VERY UNORTHODOX.

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.

YOU HAD TO GO, SO YOU FINISH

"BOOK OF MORMON."

YOU OPEN IT AND THEN YOU RUN

RIGHT BACK TO DO THE SOUTH PARK

SEASON.

WAS THERE ANY PART OF YOU IN

YOUR MIND AFTER ALL THIS WERE

YOU THOUGHT, YOU KNOW WHAT,

[BLEEPED] THAT?

WE'RE TIRED.

>> NOT ME BECAUSE WE LOVE "SOUTH

PARK."

>> IT FEELS SO GOOD.

[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]

I LOVE THE CYNICISM OF THE SHOW.

>> WELL, THAT'S ALWAYS SO FUNNY.

WE DID THAT LAST EPISODE.

WE DID IT BY THE SEAT OF OUR

PANTS.

OBVIOUSLY A LOT OF THINGS WE

WERE FEELING.

WE CAME BACK AND PEOPLE ARE

LIKE, ARE YOU OKAY, IS THE SHOW

COMING BACK?

AND WE'RE LIKE, WE HAD A REALLY

GOOD TIME DOING THAT.

IT'S FUN.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO

HAPPEN.

BUT WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT IN

AUGUST.

>> ALSO COMEDY CENTRAL LET US

KNOW.

>> BUT IT'S FUNNY.

>> WE CAN SAY BLEEP BLEEP.

[BLEEPED].

>> Jon: IT WAS LIKE 80 TIMES

IN THAT EPISODE.

YOU REMEMBER THE HULL BA LOO

THAT HAPPENED ON YOUR FIRST

EPISODE, [BLEEPED], TO SEE HOW

MANY TIMES YOU COULD SAY IT.

HOW MANY TIMES WAS IT BY THE

WAY?

>> 164.

>> I HAD 162.

>> 160 SOMETHING.

>> Jon: 160 SOMETHING, BECAUSE

WE USED TO HAVE A RULE ON THIS

SHOW, COMEDY CENTRAL, NOTHING

BUT SUPPORTIVE TO US, THAT YOU

COULD SAY DILDO THREE TIMES BUT

NOT FOUR.

[LAUGHTER]

>> FOUR DILDOS IS DISGUSTING.

THAT'S JUST VULGAR.

>> Jon: YOU SAY IT THREE TIMES

AND YOUR AUDIENCE IS DISGUSTED.

THE FOURTH TIME THEY CANCEL

THEIR CABLE PACKAGE.

I THINK THAT'S WHAT THE RESEARCH

SHOWS.

NOW I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY

AIR US LIKE AT BREAKFAST OR IN

SCHOOLS.

>> EDUCATIONAL.

>> WHAT HAPPENED WAS I WAS

WATCHING TNT AFTER A BASKETBALL

GAME, AND SOME CRAPPY COP SHOW

WAS ON, AND THEY SAID [BLEEPED].

AND I WAS LIKE, THERE'S IN

BLEEP.

I WAS LIKE, WAITS A SECOND, I

HAD OUR EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CALL

AND SAY, IT'S WEIRD THAT WE

BLEEP, CAN WE JUST SAY

[BLEEPED].

IT'S NOT LIKE WE'RE GOING TO

ABUSER, JUST HERE AND THERE.

AND THEN TWO OR THREE WEEKS

LATER, HEY HAD TO DO THIS WHOLE

[BLEEPED] SHOW.

IT'S LIKE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

TOTALLY NOT PLANNED.

>> Jon: I LOVE IT.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE

SITTING AT HOME ONE DAY AND YOU

JUST HEAR SOMEONE SAY [BLEEPED].

>> IT WILL HIP.

-- HAPPEN.

>> Jon: "BOOK OF MORMON"

PLAYING ON BROADWAY.

IT IS NOW SOLD OUT THROUGH 2019.

>> FOREVER.

DON'T EVEN TRY.

>> Jon: BUT IT'S AWESOME.

YOU GUYS HEADING BACK OUT WEST

AND DOING SOME MORE SHOWS?

>> WE HAVE THE SUMMER OFF.

I'M GOING TO BE IN COLORADO A

LOT AND GO HOME.

>> Jon: AS YOU KNOW, ANY TIME

YOU'RE BACK IN NEW YORK,

STANDING OFFER, STEAK DINNER.

WE ALL KNOW THAT.

TREY PARKER,

Loading...