Bill O'Reilly Defends His Nazi Analogies

  • Aired:  01/27/11
  •  | Views: 470,418

Bill O'Reilly explains that he had a good reason for comparing Arianna Huffington to Nazis. (6:47)

I THINK IT WAS A COUPLE WEEKS

AGO STEVE COHEN-- NOT THE

CHIROPRACTOR--

(LAUGHTER)

OR THE OTHER CHIROPRACTOR.

THE CONGRESSMAN FROM TENNESSEE,

HE WENT ON THE FLOOR OF THE

HOUSE AND COMPARED WITH WHAT HE

CALLED REPUBLICAN LIES ABOUT

HEALTH CARE TO THE BIG LIE,

JOSEPH GOEBBEL POPULARIZED IN

PERPETRATING NAZI ATROCITIES.

WE ALONG WITH OTHERS IN THE

MEDIA AND GOVERNMENT HIT HIM

PRETTY HARD.

DONE.

NEXT.

UNTIL...

>> THE LEADING COMMENTATORS ON

THIS NETWORK USE THIS KIND OF

LANGUAGE.

SO LET'S YOU AND I GET TOGETHER

RIGHT NOW AND SAY THAT

THERE'S...

>> THAT'S NOT TRUE.

>> WELL THAT IS... I MEAN,

LISTEN, PEOPLE CAN BE THE JUDGE

OF IT.

>> THEY CAN.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU SIT AND

WATCH OUR PROGRAMMING EVERY

NIGHT BUT I WATCH IT EVERYDAY

AND YOU'RE WRONG.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Jon: SO I WAS SUPPOSED TO LET

THAT GO?

(LAUGHTER)

I MEAN, YOU KNOW... THEY USE

NAZI LIKE 16 YEAR USE "LIKE."

IT'S A STUTTER.

"D'UH, THERE'S NOTHING ON T.V.,

NAZI."

(LAUGHTER)

SO WE DID THE USUAL CRAP, A

BUNCH OF CLIPS, FOX HOSTS USING

THE WORD NAZI, SOMEONE DOING IT

ON MEGYN KELLY'S PROGRAM TO

MEGYN KELLY.

POINT TAKEN.

GOOD TIME HAD BY ALL.

(LAUGHTER)

AND THE SYMBIOTIC CYCLE OF CABLE

LIFE CONTINUES.

UNTIL I REALIZED I HAD HURT

SOMEONE.

(LAUGHTER)

(AUDIENCE REACTS)

SOMEONE THAT I CARE ABOUT.

>> JON STEWART SEES IT A BIT

DIFFERENTLY.

HE DID NOT DEFEND COHEN.

HE DIDN'T DEFEND THE MAN.

BUT HE BELIEVE THERE IS'S

HYPOCRISY IN PLAY IN THAT I,

YOUR HUMBLE CORRESPONDENT, AM A

PART OF IT.

IF YOU LOOK BACK IN WHAT

HAPPENED IN GERMANY YOU CANNOT

ESCAPE THE SIMILARITIES WHAT

HITLER AND HIS CUTTHROATS DID

BACK THEN AND THE HATE-FILLED

BLOCKS, WHAT THEY'RE DOING NOW.

>> Jon: THAT CLIP WAS FROM

FEBRUARY 28, 2008, AND IT WAS ED

TED BY THE STEWART FOLKS.

HERE'S THE CONTENT IN THAT

STATEMENT.

HEY.

>> Jon: WHY YOU USED THE NAZI

REFERENCE DOESN'T REALLY MATTER

IN THIS.

(LAUGHTER)

THE SEGMENT IS FOR MEGYN KELLY

TO TAKE OFFENSE TO, NOT YOU.

(LAUGHTER)

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, BILL.

THE SEGMENT WAS TO SHOW,

CONTRARY TO MS. KELLY'S

STATEMENT THAT IT'S NOT THE TYPE

OF RHETORIC USED ON FOX NEWS,

THAT IT ACTUALLY DOES APPEAR--

QUITE FREQUENTLY.

(LAUGHTER)

THAT'S ALL IT WAS.

WHY YOU COMPARED ARIANNA

HUFFINGTONTOR HUFFINGTON POST TO

NAZI PROPAGANDA IS IMMATERIAL IN

THIS CASE.

ALTHOUGH SINCE YOU SEEM

INTERESTED IN GETTING INTO IT...

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

THE COURT WILL ALLOW YOUR

WITNESS.

>> NANCY REAGAN FELL, FELL DOWN

AND HAD TO BE TAKEN TO THE

HOSPITAL.

SHORTLY AFTER THAT, THIS

APPEARED ON THE HUFFINGTON POST.

"LIKE HER EVIL HUSBAND, SHE HAS

LIVED FAR TOO LONG.

HERE'S HOPING THE HAG SUFFERS

FOR SEVERAL WEEKS THEN CROAKS IN

THE TUB."

NOW, I SUBMIT TO YOU, LADIES AND

GENTLEMEN, THAT MY COMPARESTON

THE VILE NAZI PROPAGANDA MACHINE

IS DEAD ON.

YOU CAN MAKE THE CALL ON THAT.

>> Jon: FIRST OF ALL, LET ME

THEY.

TWO THINGS.

ONE, THAT WAS A HORRIBLE THING

FOR SOMEONE TO WRITE.

AND WHATEVER VICIOUS LOSER OR,

IF I MAY PUT IT IN YOUR PARLANCE

PINHEAD, WHOEVER WROTE THAT

DESERVES CONDEMNATION.

IN FACT, TELEVISION

CONDEMNATION.

BUT BEING A HEARTLESS DOUCHE

ISN'T EXACTLY SAME AS BEING A

NAZI PROPAGANDIST.

(LAUGHTER)

AND NUMBER TWO, THE QUOTE THAT

YOU'RE USING WAS FROM A

COMMENTER ON A BLOG POST.

I'M NOT SURE THAT YOU WANT TO GO

DOWN THE NAZI ROAD WHEN YOU'RE

JUDGING AN ORGANIZATION BY THE

WORST THINGS THAT HAVE EVER BEEN

POSTED ON THAT ORGANIZATION'S

WEB SITE.

WILL THE COURT ALLOW EXHIBIT

"B"?

(APPLAUSE)

THIS IS FROM FOXNATION.COM TODAY

FROM "OBAMA BLOWS."

"HEY, MICHELLE, SAW YOUR FAT ASS

AT YOUR HUBBY'S SPEECH.

APPEARS YOU'RE HAULING ABOUT 100

EXCESS POUNDS.

TRY EXERCISE, YOU DISGUSTING

PIG."

23 PEOPLE LIKED THIS.

(AUDIENCE REACTS)

AS TRULY HORRIBLE AS THESE BLOG

POSTS ARE, THAT DOESN'T MAKE

EVEN THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE

COMMENTS NAZIS OR AKIN TO NAZI

PROPAGANDISTS AND IT CERTAINLY

DOESN'T MAKE YOU OR THE

MODERATORS AT FOXNATION.COM NAZI

SYMPATHIZERS, GESTAPO, BROWN

SHIRTS OR PEOPLE WHO PLAY CASTLE

WOLFEN STEIN AND WORK FOR THE

WRONG TEAM.

(LAUGHTER)

SO MY POINT WAS, CONTRARY TO

WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUE MS. KELLY

WAS SUGGESTING-- THAT FOX

COMMENTATORS DO USE NAZI

ANALOGIES-- AND YOUR POINT

SEEMED TO BE YEAH, BUT I HAD A

GOOD REASON.

THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS

EVERYBODY THINKS THEY HAVE A

GOOD REASON.

STEVE COHEN THOUGHT HE HAD A

GOOD REASON.

IT'S LIKE SPEEDING.

I YELLED AT STEVE COHEN FOR

SPEEDING.

MEGYN KELLY YELLED AT STEVE

COHEN FOR SPEEDING AND THEN SHE

SAID "GOOD THING WE DON'T

SPEED."

AND I SAID "LOOK AT ALL THOSE

(BEEP) PEOPLE SPEEDING RIGHT

THERE."

AND THEN YOU SAID "YOU TOOK THAT

OUT OF CONTEXT, I WAS LATE."

(LAUGHTER AND APPLAUSE)

I'VE GOT TO TELL YOU, BILL...

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

I'VE GOT TO TELL YOU... I'VE GOT

TO TELL YOU, YOU'RE LATE A LOT.

>> IT'S NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

THE KKK AND THE NAZIS WHO HAVE

WEB SITES THAN THE DAILY KOS.

THESE FAR-LEFT NAZIS-- AND

THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE--

(AUDIENCE REACTS)

>> Jon: BILL, I ACTUALLY RESPECT

YOU.

I EVEN LUH... I EVEN LUH...

(LAUGHTER)

I EVEN LIKE... I LIKE YOU.

AND I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU

WILL COME ON OTHER SHOWS AND BE

CHALLENGED AND HAVE OTHERS ON

YOUR SHOW CHALLENGE YOU, UNLIKE

SOME OF YOUR COLLEAGUES.

GLENN BECK.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

BUT HONESTLY, I STAND BY THE

BIT.

TRUTH IS, ALL I WANTED WAS FOR

MEGYN KELLY TO (BEEP).

Loading...