The Victorious GOP

  • Aired:  05/15/13
  •  | Views: 105,313

Obama administration press secretary Jay Carney weathers a scandal s**tstorm, and conservative pundits show their "O" face. (5:21)

>> Jon: WELCOME TO "THE DAILY

SHOW."

MY NAME IS JON STEWART.

WE HAVE A VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY

GOOD SHOW FOR YOU TONIGHT.

OUR GUEST TONIGHT FORMER SENATOR

OLYMPIA SNOWE IS GOING TO BE

JOINING US.

FUN FACT.

THEY IS MARRIED TO '90s RAP

SENSATION SNOW.

OUR TOP STORY TONIGHT.

HURRICANE SANDY, THE CONTINUING

TROPICAL [BLEEP] STORM THAT IS

ROCKING THE OBAMA

ADMINISTRATION.

YESTERDAY PRESS SECRETARY JAY

CARNEY, LIKE AN INTREPID WEATHER

CHANNEL ANCHOR, STOOD AND LET

THE WIND AND RAIN PUMMEL HIM FOR

OUR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.

>> ON THE I.R.S., DID THE

PRESIDENT BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE

BEING TRUTHFUL?

DOES HE THINK THAT THE

LEADERSHIP THERE NEEDS TO

CHANGE?

>> PART OF IT IS FACT.

IT'S NOT AN IF ANYMORE.

IT'S FACT.

>> THAT'S YOUR OPINION, ALL

RIGHT.

>> THERE HAVE BEEN TWICE AS MANY

PROSECUTIONS AS ALL PREVIOUS

ADMINISTRATIONS COMBINED.

>> IS THERE A SIEGE MENTALITY

BACK ON THE WEST WING RIGHT NOW.

>> ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Jon: SIEGE MENTALITY.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?

IS IT THE VAT OF BOILING OIL IN

THE MOAT?

IS THAT WHY YOU SAY THAT.

THE VAT OF BOILING OIL.

I DON'T KNOW.

WHO KNOWS.

YOU KNOW WHAT?

FAIR IS FAIR.

IT IS A GOOD WEEK FOR

CONSERVATIVES.

ANGRY RHETORIC, A LEVEL OF UPSET

ABOUT THE PRESIDENT FOR ONCE

SEEMS SOMEWHAT APPROPRIATE.

>> IT CUTS TO THIS

ADMINISTRATION'S CORE

CREDIBILITY.

IT CUTS TO ITS TRUST.

>> IT'S ABSOLUTELY APPALLING.

THIS IS DISTURBING.

JUST SHOCKING TO ME.

UNBELIEVABLE.

THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS FOR THE

WHITE HOUSE.

>> Jon: WHAT THEY JUST SAID

WAS... HANNITY, TUCKER CARLSON

AND DUCEY ARE (MUMBLING).

YOU SEE, WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO THE

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

THEIR COMPLAINTS HAD SOME

LEGITIMACY.

ALTHOUGH MR. DOOCY I CAN GO

WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT YOUR O-FACE

IS.

( APPLAUSE )

YOU KNOW, IT'S BEEN A VERY TOUGH

WEEK FOR THE WHITE HOUSE.

YOU KNOW, IT WASN'T JUST THE

INTENSITY OF THE CRITICISM.

IT WASN'T JUST THE INTENSITY OF

THE CRITICISM OF THE WHITE HOUSE

THAT SEEMED APPROPRIATE BUT AT

TIMES THE CONTENT OF THE

CRITICISM.

>> NOW THEY'RE SAYING THAT THE

SENIOR LEADERSHIP AT THE I.R.S.,

I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT

ON THE HEELS OF HILLARY CLINTON

SAYING I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING

ABOUT THOSE EXTRA REQUESTS FOR

SECURITY IN BENGHAZI LIBYA.

WHO KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT

ANYTHING THAT MATTERS?

IS THERE ANYBODY WHO IS MINDING

THE SHOP?

>> Jon: THAT'S WHAT I WAS SAYING

YESTERDAY.

YOU KNOW, MEG AND KELLY, WE'VE

HAD OUR DIFFERENCES.

MAYBE IT'S TIME WE DO A SHOW

TOGETHER.

CALL IT FOX AND FRENEMY.

BEAUTY AND THE BRIS.

WHAT?

I'M SORRY.

I'M BEING TOLD THIS IS GOING TO

BE CALLED REGIS AND KELLY.

ALL RIGHT.

IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD FOR THE

ADMINISTRATION, SOME ON THE

RIGHT WERE ALMOST OFFERING MORE

SYMPATHETIC RATIONALES FOR THEM.

>> I THINK THEY ALSO HAVE

TERRIBLE WHAT I CALL

SCANDAL-DAR, LIKE RADAR.

IF YOU CUT ME OPEN, I HAVE SO

MUCH SCANDAL-DAR

>> Jon: WHAT DANA PERINO WAS

SAYING IS THAT THE WHITE HOUSE

DOESN'T SEEM TO REALIZE WHEN

SOMETHING IS PERCEIVED AS

CORRUPT OR SCANDALOUS IN THE

PUBLIC'S EYE.

ALTHOUGH SCANDAL-DAR IS NOT HOW

YOU WOULD TYPICALLY PHRASE THAT.

IT'S NOT YOU CAN'T JUST ADD THE

SUFFICIENT TICKS-DAR TO

SOMETHING.

IT'S A MORE FINESSE WORD PLAY.

WHAT MAKES GAY-DAR WORK IS GAY,

RHYMES WITH RAY.

SO, FOR INSTANCE, IF YOU HAD A

WEIRD SIXTH SENSE ABOUT WHERE

CHURCHES WERE, YOU COULD SAY

THAT'S PRAYER-DAR.

THAT WOULD WORK OR FOR SOME

REASON YOU ALWAYS DO "WHEN THIS

MONTH STARTED" THAT WOULD BE

MAY-DAR.

TOUPEE-DAR.

THAT WOULD WORK.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )

HE'S LITERALLY... THAT WAS JUST

AN ENORMOUSLY LONG WALK JUST TO

[BLEEP] ON THAT GUY.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO POINT TO

THAT BIT AT ALL.

I'LL BE COMPLETELY HONEST WITH

YOU.

I WORKED UTTERLY BACKWARDS ON

THAT BIT.

THE DANA PERINO BIT.

NOTHING TO THAT.

WE JUST THOUGHT WHAT A NICE WAY

TO GET INTO [BLEEP] DONALD

TRUMP.

THAT'S ALL THAT WAS.

THAT'S IT.

Loading...