Louis C.K.

  • Aired:  07/16/12
  •  | Views: 908,215

Louis C.K. addresses accusations of insensitivity stemming from a Twitter controversy and offers advice for couples making classic gender mistakes. (6:10)

>> WELCOME BACK.

MY GUEST TONIGHT, I LOVE THIS SHOW.

PLEASE WELCOME LOUIS BACK TO THE PROGRAM, LOUIS C.K..

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE) (CHEERS AND APPLAUSE) LOUIS.

THANK YOU, HI.

>> Jon: YOU BRINGING IT,

YOU'RE BRINGING THE SEXY.

WHAT, WHERE-- WHAT, WHAT,

WHY-- YOU KNOW, YOU ARE EXPLODING IN A WAY THAT IS,

YOU'RE NOW LIKE AN INTERNET-- YOU'VE GOT THE SHOW BUT THEN YOU FOUND A WAY TO CIRCUMVENT

TICKETMASTER, YOU FIGURED OUT A WAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO PAY TAXES ON TOILETRIES.

YOU SOMEHOW BUT IT'S -- -- YOU GOT IN HOT WATER.

>> I HAD THIS WEIRD THING THAT HAPPENED, I WAS ON VACATION.

I WAS IN VERMONT BEING IN THE GREEN OF AMERICA.

>> WERE YOU TEACHING THEM HOW TO GET SAP OUT OF TREES YOUR WAY.

>> THAT'S RIGHT.

>> AND SO I WAS IN VERMONT AND I WAS WATCHING TV IN A HOTEL ROOM AND-- IT IS

MAKING NEW-- I WASN'T READING THE INTERNET AT THE TIME BECAUSE THAT IS HOW I GO ON VACATION.

I REALLY HATE THE INTERNET.

I JUST STOPPED --

>> I AM WATCHING TV AND PAGING ME LAUGH SO I WROTE A TWEET AND SAID YOUR SHOW MAKES ME LAUGH.

I FUTURE DOWN AND TWO DAYS LATER I GO HOME AND READ THESE BLOGGERS AND HOLLYWOOD

REPORT, LOUIS CD DEFENDS DANIEL AMID RAPE JOKE CONTROVERSY.

I HAD NO IDEA.

HE GOT IN TROUBLE FOR MAKING JOKES ABOUT RAPE AND I DIDN'T FOE ABOUT IT.

AND SO I AM A DEFENDER OF RAPE, THAT'S WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS NOW.

AND I HAVE READ ALL THIS STUFF LIKE SHAME ON YOU LOUIS C.K. AND I'LL NEVER

WATCH YOUR SHOW, YOU'RE A RAPE APOLOGIST, I HAVE BEEN CALLED A RAPE APOLOGIST

BECAUSE I SAID I HAD TO A GUY.

BECAUSE I SAID HEY, NICE SHOW TO A GUY WHO EVERYBODY WAS MAD AT.

SO.

>> Jon: YOU KNOW THE LESSON --

>> IT'S DANGEROUS.

>> Jon: DANGEROUS.

>> BUT HERE'S THE THING,

THIS IS LIKE A FIGHT BETWEEN COMEDIANS AND BLOGGERS.

WE'RE ALL JUST HYPERBOWL AND GARBAGE COME OUT OF THOSE TWO PLACES.

>> ALL VERY SIMILAR GROUPS.

JUST UNEDUCATED, UNFETTERED.

JUST --

>> IT IS ALSO A FIGHT BETWEEN COMEDIANS AND FEMINISTS WHICH NATURAL ENEMIES.

EASILY BECAUSE STEREO TYPICALLY SPEAKING FEMINISTS CAN'T TAKE A JOKE AND STEREO

TYPICALLY SPEAKING, AND COMEDIANS-- SEE.

AND COMEDIANS AND ON THE OTHER SIDE.

>> SEND YOU BACK TO VERMONT.

>> AND ON THE OTHER SIDE COME EDIANTS ARE BIG PUSSIES.

AND THEY CAN'T-- SO TO ONE SIDE YOU SAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE JOKES STAY OUT OF

THE COMIC.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE-- STOP GOOGLING YOURSELF EVERY 10 SECONDS, NOBODY IS MAKING YOU READ IT.

ITS ALL DIE LEAGUE-- DIALOGUE IS --

>> YOU KNOW WHAT IS INTERESTING IS THESE NEW TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS,

CHALLENGE THE PERFORMER TO-- YOU REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS COMEDY, YOU FEED YOUR

FAMILY, COME UP WITH 15 MINUTE MATERIAL.

YOU FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR LIFE.

THEN THE VARIETY SHOW COMES OUT, A GUY GOES ON, DOES IT FIVE MINUTES AND HE IS LIKE

HEY AND GOES TO A CLUB, OH,

SORRY YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS.

>> NO, EXACTLY.

I THINK YOU SHOULD-- IF SOMEBODY HAS THE OPTION OF STEALING FROM ME I WANT TO

HEAR IT SO I CAN ADD TO MINE.

I DON'T WANT TO OBLITERATE THEIRS WITH MINE.

THAT IS HOW I FEEL.

A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T FEEL THAT WAY.

TO ME ANY VOLK ABOUT ANYTHING BAD IS GREAT.

THAT SU HO I FEEL.

ANY JOKE ABOUT RAPE, YOU KNOW, HOLOCAUST, THE MET,

WHATEVER.

ANY JOKES ABOUT SOMETHING BAD HE IS A POSITIVE THING.

>> Jon: YOU HAVE NOW CROSSED THE LINE, MISTER.

>> BUT I HAVE READ SOME BLOGS DURING THIS WHOLE THING THAT HAVE ENLIGHTENED

ME TO THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW.

THIS WOMAN SAID HOW RAPE IS SOMETHING THAT THEY HAVE A NARROW CORRIDOR, THEY CAN'T

GO OUT LATE, GO TO-- BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GET-- THAT'S PART OF ME NOW THAT I WASN'T BEFORE.

AND I CAN STILL ENJI A RAPE JOKE SO I HAVE BOTH-- .

>> Jon: I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THAT YOU EVOLVED ATSES A PERSON.

>> NO.

>> Jon: I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THAT YOU HAVE COME UP WITH A WAY TO GROW AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

>> NO, IT'S NOT FAIR.

>> Jon: BE THE PERSON THAT I KNEW 20 YEARS AGO.

>> I WILL.

BUT HERE IS THE LAG THING I WANT TO SAY.

THIS IS ALSO ABOUT MEN AND WOMEN.

BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE WATCHING THINGS ABOUT THIS,

WITH EACH OTHER, FIGHTING FIGHTING-- REALLY?

>> YES THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING IN THE BLOG.

BUT THEY'RE BOTH MAKING A CLASSIC GENDER MISTAKE BECAUSE THE WOMEN ARE SAYING

HERE IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT BUT THEY'RE ALSO SAYING MY FEELINGS SHOULD BE EM'S

PRIMARY CONCERN.

NOW THE MEN ARE MAKING THIS MISTAKE.

THEY'RE SAYING YOUR FEELS DON'T MATTER.

YOUR FEELINGS ARE WRONG AND STUPID.

IF YOU EVER LIVED IF WITH A WOMAN YOU CAN'T STEP IN-- AND TO TELL A WOMAN

THAT HER FEELINGS DON'T MATTER SO TO THE MAN I SAY LISTEN WHAT THE WOMEN ARE

SAYING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THE WOMEN I SAY NOW THAT WE HEARD YOU SHUT THE [BLEEP]

UP FOR A MINUTE AND LET'S ALL GET BACK TOGETHER AND KILL THE JEWS.

THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT.

(LAUGHTER)

>> SEND YOUR COMPLAINTS TO BRIAN WILLIAMS, CARE OF NBC.

LOUIS C.K..

Loading...