The Good, the Bad and the Crazy

  • Aired:  05/06/13
  •  | Views: 100,150

The NRA fights liberal efforts to scare people into supporting gun control by scaring everybody into gun-a-palooza. (6:06)

( LAUGHTER )

LOOK, EVENTUALLY THE SPEAKSERS

DID GET TO GUNS AND HOW UPSET

THEY ARE AT THE WAY THAT THEIR

OPPONENTS ARE FIGHTING.

>> THE PRESIDENT IS FOND OF

USING EMOTION AND,

UNFORTUNATELY, DISREGARDING THE

FACTS.

>> WE HAVE LEADERS WHO PRACTICE

THE POLITICS OF EMOTION.

>> WE WILL FIGHT THEIR TACTICS

OF FEAR.

WE WILL FIGHT THEIR TACTICS OF

DARKNESS!

>> Jon: YES!

YES!

YES!

FIGHT THEIR DARKNESS, YOU WILL!

( LAUGHTER )

YES!

FEAR LEADS TO ANGER.

ANGER LEADS TO HATE.

HATE, HATE LEADS TO HATE

( BLEEP ).

( LAUGHTER )

I DON'T-- HOW THIS QUOTE ENDS, I

DO NOT KNOW.

ALL RIGHT, LUKE SKIED WALKER,

GLENN BECK, FEAR MONTHERING IS

WRONG.

YOU'RE WRITE RITE.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR POINT ABOUT

GUNS IN A RATIONAL AND CALM WAY.

>> THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

YOUR MOM AND SISTER GETTING

RAPED AND THEN WALKING HOME

UNMOLESTED IS A GUN.

>> Jon: YOU-- YOU ARE AWARE

THAT FEAR IS AN EMOTION, RIGHT?

I MEAN, IT'S ONE OF THE BIG

ONES, ALONG WITH-- THERE'S THREE

OF THEM, I THINK-- GUILT, AND

FEAR AND UM, UM-- I FORGOT THE

THIRD.

( LAUGHTER )

OOPS.

( APPLAUSE )

CONTINUE, N.R.A. CONVENTION,

REASON.

>> WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES

OF AMERICA WHERE A DEAD

TERRORIST BOMB FRER CHECHNYA HAS

MORE RIGHTS THAN AN AMERICAN

CITIZEN.

>> THIS IS A FIGHT FOR THE

FUTURE OF FREEDOM!

>> LYING IN WAIT RIGHT NOW IS A

TERRORIST, A DERANGED SCHOOL

SHOOTER, A KIDNAPPER, A RAPIST,

AÑi MURDERER, WAITING AND PLANNING

AND PLOTTING.

( LAUGHTER )

( APPLAUSE )

( CHEERS )

>> Jon: YES, HE'S TALKIN'

ABOUT YOU PEOPLE!

YUP, THERE'S A TERRORIST AND

CRIMINALS WAITING AND PLOTTING,

AND BECAUSE OF THIS GUY THIEK

GET A GUN ON THE SPIRNT WITH NO

BACKGROUND CHECKS.

YOU'RE WELCOME, EVERYBODY!

BUT, OF COURSE, THESE TYPES OF

CONTRADICTIONS, THEY USE FEAR,

WE USE FEAR.

ARE NOT AN ANOMALY.

NOT A BUG IN THE N.R.A. SYSTEM

BUT A FEATURE.

AT THE HEART OF THE N.R.A.'S

MESSAGE IS DON'T LET LIBERALS

SAY IT'S A DANGEROUS WORLD AND

SCARE YOU INTO GUN CONTROL.

LET US SAY IT'S A DANGEROUS

WORLD AND SCARE YOU INTO

GUN-A-PALOH, ZZA.

BUT HERE'S THE PROBLEM.

THEIR MESSAGE IS A SIMPLE ONE.

>> THE ONLY WAY TO STOP A BAD

GUY WITH A GUN IS A GOOD GUY

WITH A GUN.

GLI DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE ONLY

WAY.

( LAUGHTER )

BUT EVEN IF THAT'S RIGHT, THIS

IS A QUESTION OF HOW DO YOU

DETERMINE THE BAD GUY AND THE

GOOD GUY?ñr

THE GOOD GUY MIGHT TURN INTO A

BAD GUY AND THEN HE HAS A GUN

AND THE BAD GUY TURNS INTO A

GOOD GUY.

WHO ARE THE BAD GUYS.

>> THE FOUNDERS ALSO WARNED

ABOUT A TIME WHEN THE GOVERNMENT

WOULD TAKE THEÑi GUNS.

>> THIEW KNEW THAT HAPPENS TO

GOVERNMENTS, AND GOVERNMENTS

TURN AGAINST THEIR PEOPLE

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE GO TO SLEEP.Ñi

TYRANNY THEN WOULD GO

UNDEFEATED.

>> Jon: BY THEçó WAY,

MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE, WORST

MONOPOLY GAME YET.

SO WE GOT IT-- GOVERNMENT'S THE

BAD GUY.

GOTTA HAVE GUNS AS A BULLED WAR,

AGAINST TYRANNY.

>> BOSTON PROVES IT.

WHEN BRAVE LAW ENFORCEMENT

OFFICERS DID THEIR JOBS IN THAT

CITY SO COURAGEOUSLY, GOOD GUYS

WITH GUNS STOPPED TERRORISTS

WITH GUNS.

>> Jon: GOT IT.

GOVERNMENT'S THE GOOD GUY--

WAIT.

( LAUGHTER )

SO THE POLICE ARE THE GOOD GUYS,

AND WHO THEY WORK FOR?

THE GOVERNMENT.

SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE GOOD

GUYS ARE AND THE BAD GUYS ARE.

IN FACT, THESE GUYS AREN'T TOO

SURE ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE

BETWEEN DEMOCRACY AND TYRANNY,

EITHER.

>> I'LL TELL YOU, I WAS PROUD TO

JOIN WITH MY FRIENDS SENATOR

RAND PAUL AND SENATOR MIKE LEIGH

IS WRITING A SHORT AND SIMPLE

LETTER TO HARRY REID THAT SAID

WE WILL FILIBUSTER ANY

LEGISLATION THAT UNDERMINES THE

SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS TO KEEP

AND BEAR ARMS.

>> Jon: OOH!

THEY DID IT.

AND THEIR FILIBUSTER WAS ABLE TO

DEFEAT THE GUN CONTROL BILL

INCLUDING THE MARCHION-TOOMEY

AMENDMENT, SUPPORTED BY 90% OF

MERICANS AND 55 OUT OF 100A

SENATORS.

HERE IS TYRANNY EARLIER, CREWS

CRUZ TALKING ABOUT A GUN RIGHTS

BILL HE THWARTED.

>> THAT BILL GOT 52 VOTES IN THE

U.S. SENATE, INCLUDING NINE

DEMOCRATS.

WHAT HAPPENED?

HARRY REID AND THE REST OF THE

DEMOCRATS FILIBUSTERED THE BILL

AND KILLED IT, DEMANDING 60

VOTES.ñr

>> Jon: YOU KNOW IT'S THE

SAME ( BLEEP ) THING, RIGHT?

LOOK, SHEERS WHAT'S CRAZY.

WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING.

BAD GUYS NOT TO HAVE GUNS.

SOME PEOPLE, INCLUDING MYSELF,

BELIEVE A GOOD WAY TO DO, THAT

AT LEAST TO START, IS TOO CHECK

WHO'S BUYING THEM, OR MAKE THE

GUNS SOMEWHAT TRACEABLE SO WHEN

THE BAD GUYS GET THEM WE CAN

FIGURE OUT HOW.

NOT WAIT FOR A BAD GUY TO DRAW

AND THEN DRAW FASTER.

WHICH, BY THE WAY, IF THAT'S

WHAT YOU WANT, OKAY.

WE'LL HAVE THAT DEBATE, BUT STOP

PREPPING THAT BACKGROUND CHECKS

ARE THE LAST BARRIER STANDING

BETWEEN A FREE AMERICA AND

OBAMA-SPONSORED GOVERNMENT MOM

RAPE.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

Loading...