Jennifer Lopez

  • Aired:  01/22/13
  •  | Views: 25,737

Jennifer Lopez discusses her first world tour, traveling with young kids, and the ethics of lip-syncing. (6:20)

>> Jon: OUR GUEST TONIGHT SINGER, DANCER, ACTRESS, NEW MOVIE IS CALLED "PARKER."

>> PEOPLE TELL ME I'M SHARP, VERY SHARM.

PEOPLE COME DOWN HERE FOR ONE REASON: MONEY.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE INTO, KIDNAPPING, EXTORTION, ROBBERY BUT WHATEVER IT IS, YOU'RE GONNA

GET CAUGHT.

>> TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES.

>> WHAT?

>> I'M NOT SURE IF I'M BETTER OFF WITH YOU ALIVE OR DEAD EITHER WAY I HAVE TO KNOW IF YOU

ARE WEARING A WIRE.

>> Jon: PLEASE WELCOME JENNIFER LOPEZ.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

HOW ARE YOU?

>> HELLO!

>> Jon: WELCOME.

>> THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

>> Jon: IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU.

>> SO DO WE -- THIS WAY, THIS WAY?

DOES IT MATTER.

>> Jon: WHERE YOU WANT TO LOOK?

>> NO, I DON'T KNOW.

I FEEL LIKE THIS BUT YOU'RE THERE.

>> Jon: LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT WE DO.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> I DON'T WANT YOU TO FEEL IGNORE.

>> Jon: I WILL NOT FEEL IGNORED IN ANYWAY.

I EXPECT TO BE IGNORED BY A WOMAN LIKE YOURSELF.

>> NEVER THAT.

NEVER THAT.

>> Jon: I'M USED TO THIS SINCE I WAS 14.

HAVE YOU EVER PERFORMED FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN YOUR LIFE?

>> NO, I HAVE NOT.

>> Jon: WHAT IS THE MOST NERVE WRACKING PERFORMANCE YOU HAVE HAD TO DO IN YOUR LIFETIME,

WOULD YOU SAY?

>> I WAS ASKED TO PERFORM FOR THE PRESIDENT AT HIS HOUSE.

>> Jon: WHAT?

>> NO, NO, NOT THAT AT THE WHITE HOUSE.

[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]

THEY WARNED ME ABOUT YOU.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> Jon: THIS MUST HAVE BEEN DURING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> NO, NO NEW YORK CITY.

-- NO, NO, NO.

IT WAS NERVE WRACKING TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

I COULDN'T DO IT ACTUALLY BECAUSE I WAS DOING SOMETHING ELSE.

I THINK I WAS ON A FILM OR SOMETHING SO I COULDN'T DO IT BUT THE IDEA OF IT IT WAS LIKE

OH, MY GOD WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GO THERE.

>> Jon: THERE'S A CONTROVERSY NOW.

BEYONCE SANG THAT BEAUTIFUL RENDITION AT THE INAUGURATION.

IT'S HER VOICE SHE JUST PRERECORDED IT.

>> SURE.

>> Jon: AS A PERFORMER IS THAT CONSIDERED AN ACCEPTABLE THING FOR YOU?

>> SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS IN CERTAIN STADIUMS OR VENUES THEY PRERECORD THINGS BECAUSE YOU

HAVE THE TERRIBLE FLAT BACK AND -- YOU KNOW?

>> Jon: SURE THE FLAT BACK.

>> PEOPLE DO IT.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

I COULD BE WRONG SO --

>> Jon: YOU ARE GOING TO WHITNEY HOUSTON 1991.

>> SHE WAS ALSO RECORD.

EVERYBODY LOVED IT.

IT WAS A HUGE HIT, BUT I THINK IT WAS, TOO.

>> Jon: I WOULD ALSO THINK AS SOMEBODY WHO DANCES AS WELL YOU HAVE TO DO THAT SOMETIMES

BECAUSE YOU ARE RUNNING AROUND AND YOU ARE OUT OF BREATHE UNLESS RIGHT NOW ASKING THAT

QUESTION: I'M WINDED.

[ LAUGHTER ]

>> RIGHT.

SOMETIMES.

YOU DO.

ALL PERFORMERS HAVE TO DO IT AT SOME POINT.

YEAH.

>> Jon: ME AS WELL.

>> YOU RECORD THE JOKES JUST IN CASE.

>> Jon: NO, NOBODY CARES.

WE PRERECORD THE HECKLES.

[ LAUGHTER ]

WHAT ABOUT THIS?

BACK TO THE ACTION.

WHEN DO YOU -- OR MAYBE YOU DON'T SLEEP.

YOU ARE COMING OFF THE WORLD TOUR.

YOU ARE DOING THE MOVIES YOU HAVE -- WHAT IS IT TWINS?

>> YES, I HAVE TWINS.

>> Jon: HOW OLD ARE THE TWINS?

>> THEY ARE GOING TO BE FIVE NEXT MONTH.

THEY ARE GETTING SO BIG.

>> Jon: HOW DO YOU GO ON A WORLD TOUR WITH TWO KIDS?

DO THEY GO WITH YOU?

>> YES.

I HAD NEVER BEEN ON A WORLD TOUR.

I TOWARD BUT NEVER THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.

HIS TO SIGN ON FOR LIKE SEVEN MONTHS.

AND THE THOUGHT OF JUST DOING THE TOUR FOR ME WAS LIKE OH, MY GOD THIS IS DAUNTING.

I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD DO THIS AND THINKING ABOUT IT WITH THE BABIES HOW ARE THEY GOING TO

HOLD UP BUT WE HAD A GREAT TIME.

>> Jon: ARE THEY DECENT TRAVELER?

>> THEY ARE GREAT TRAVELERS.

THEY ARE BETTER TRAVELERS.

SOMETIMES WE WOULD FORGET.

THEY TAKE IT SO GOOD AND THE BAGS AND WE'RE TIRED ANT SHOWS AND THE WHOLE THING AND THE

ASKED JEWEL VERY, VERY DEMANDING AND THEY'D WOULD BE LIKE -- SOMETIMES THEY GET CRANKY AND

AH, HE'S ACT UP.

YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP HOW DO YOU THINK HE FEELS.

FOUR YEARS OLD.

>> Jon: I LOVE TRAVELING WITH KIDS BECAUSE NO MATTER WRL YOU GO YOU CAN SEW WHATEVER YOU WANT

TO BRING HOME INTO THE INSIDE OF THEIR CLOTHES.

>> DIDN'T OCCUR TO AMERICA VILE TOLL REMEMBER THAT.

>> Jon: THEY ARE RARELY CHECK CHILDREN.

>> IT'S ALL OF.

>> Jon: IT IS ALL OF.

THE ENERGY YOU TAKE FROM THAT, IS IT TOO JARRING TO GO BACK TO FILM?

IS FILM TOO SLOW FOR YOU NOW?

HAS YOUR PERSPECTIVE CHANGED DOING ONE FORM VERSUS ANOTHER?

>> IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S A TYPE OF THING WHERE YOU ARE DOING THE TOUR ALL ADRENALIN ALL

THE TIME.

IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PACE.

BUT WHEN YOU GO BACK TO A FILM YOU ENJOY THAT PACE AS WELL.

IT'S MUCH SLOWER IS.

THERE'S A LOT OF DOWNTIME IN BETWEEN SETUP AND TAKES.

I GET TO BACK AND FORTH.

IT'S REALLY NICE.

>> Jon: LET ME TELL YOU.

YOU ON AMERICAN IDOL YOU WERE REALLY GOOD WITH THAT.

YOU GAVE THEM NICE AND YOU WERE NICELY -- WHERE STEVEN TYLER WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE YOU

REALLY --

[ LAUGHTER ]

I THOUGHT YOU REALLY MADE SENSE.

>> THANK YOU.

>> Jon: SO THAT WAS NICE.

YOU MADE A SENSE AND HE WAS LIKE DEE.

EXACTLY.

PARKER GOOD FLICK?

>> IT'S A GOOD FLICK.

GOOD ACTION FLICK.

GOOD DRAWMA.

IT'S LIKE OUT OF THE SIGHT AND TRANSPORTER HAD A BABY AND IT'S PARKER.

YOU WOULD LOVE IT.

>> Jon:

Loading...