Herman Cain

  • Aired:  08/29/12
  •  | Views: 75,901

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain speculates on the real reason Mitt Romney isn't polling well among potential African-American voters. (4:36)

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE).

>> Jon: WELCOME BACK, MY GUEST TONIGHT, A FORMER TWELVE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, PLEASE

WELCOME BACK TO THE SHOW HERMAN CAIN!

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE) HELLO, HERMAN CAIN, NICE TO SEE YOU.

COME AND SIT.

>> HOW ARE YOU R YOU?

>> Jon: NICE TO SEE YOU.

>> THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

>> Jon: PLEASE HAVE A SEAT.

>> THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

>> Jon: HERMAN CAIN, I'M GOING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING AND I MEAN THIS SINNER IS VIE.

>> YES.

>> OUR DELEGATES, OUR CORRESPONDENTS HAVE GONE OVER TO TALK TO THE DELEGATES AT THE

CONVENTION CENTER.

>> YES.

>> Jon: I HAVE NOT, OBVIOUSLY,

BEEN OVER THERE BECAUSE...

>> YOU'VE BEEN A LITTLE BIT SAYS.

>> Jon: I'VE BEEN BUSY AND I'M NOT ALLOWED, OBVIOUSLY.

>> I CAN HOOK YOU UP, JON.

>> Jon: NOT WITH THE RESTRAINING ORDER.

(LAUGHTER) THESE DELEGATES STILL ARE MORE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT HERMAN CAIN THAN ABOUT MITT ROMNEY.

NOW, THAT IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE HERMAN CAIN FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS NO LONGER IN THE RUNNING.

SO WHAT...

(LAUGHTER).

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THAT?

THERE SEEMS TO BE A REAL DISCONNECT BETWEEN THEIR PASSION AND THEIR NOMINEE.

WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHT?

>> IT'S A DIFFERENCE OF STYLE.

AS YOU KNOW, MY STYLE AND PERSONALITY IS DIFFERENT FROM GOVERNOR ROMNEY AND A LOT OF

PEOPLE CONNECTED WITH ME AND THEY STILL... MY PERSONALITY DIDN'T CHANGE JUST BECAUSE I GOT

OUT OF THE RACE.

>> Jon: RIGHT.

>> AND GOVERNOR ROMNEY HAS A DIFFERENT STYLE AND A DIFFERENT PERSONALITY.

HOWEVER...

>> Jon: SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, THOUGH, IF I'M HEARING YOU CORRECTLY, IS THAT HE HAS A PERSONALITY.

(LAUGHTER).

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

>> YES!

>> Jon: ALL RIGHT.

THAT'S INTERESTING.

FIRST I'VE HEARD OF THIS.

>> YES, HE HAS A PERSONALITY.

BUT SOME PEOPLE TEND TO EITHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY SUPPRESS IT.

I DON'T SUPPRESS MY PERSONALITY AT ALL.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE) WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!

>> Jon: WHAT... HOW IS... LET ME... YESTERDAY WAS A DAY FOR THE REPUBLICANS OF DIVERSITY.

AND IT REALLY WAS AN IMPRESSIVE LINEUP.

MIA LOVE, TIM SCOTT, BRIAN SANDOVAL, TED CRUZ, ARTUR DAVIS,

NICKIE HALEY, LUZ FORTUNA AND ZOREDA FALLENERIDES.

I'M SURE I SCREWED UP THAT NAME.

YET POLLS ARE STILL SHOWING THAT AFRICAN AMERICAN SUPPORT FOR MITT ROMNEY IS 0%.

(LAUGHTER) THAT'S POLL.

YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE THE MARGIN OF ERROR.

(LAUGHTER AND APPLAUSE) WHAT IS GOING ON?

AGAIN, IS THIS... IS THIS AN ISSUE OF STYLE AND PERSONALITY?

OR IS THERE... DO THE REPUBLICANS HAVE A PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS?

>> TWO THINGS.

FIRST, I AM NOT A 0 AND I KNOW A LOT OF OTHER AMERICAN BLACK CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE GONNA

VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY.

BUT SECONDLY, THE POLLS ARE INACCURATE IN MINUTE BASED UPON ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE, BASED UPON

PEOPLE THAT I KNOW.

HERE'S WHY...

>> Jon: NOW, DOES THAT USUALLY JUST... FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THAT'S WHY THEY DO POLLS.

(LAUGHTER)

>> YES, BUT...

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE).

>> Jon: BECAUSE...

>> YES, BUT...

>> IF IT WAS JUST PEOPLE YOU KNOW, SOMEWHAT UNSCIENTIFIC.

>> NOW, HERE'S WHY IN THAT PARTICULAR POLL...

>> Jon: YES, SIR.

>> THEY MAY HAVE HAD ZERO BLACKS, MINORITIES GONNA VOTE...

BLACK SPECIFICALLY WERE GONNA VOTE FOR GOVERNOR ROMNEY.

THEY WERE WORKING.

SO THEY DIDN'T ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN THEY TOOK THE POLLS.

(AUDIENCE REACTS) BELIEVE IT OR NOT, SOME BLACK PEOPLE HAVE JOBS!

>> Jon: OH, OKAY.

>> AND CAREERS!

AND THEY RUN BUSINESSES!

THEY DIDN'T TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT, JON.

>> Jon: SO YOU'RE SUGGESTING THAT THE POLL WAS DONE PURELY FOR UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE?

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

>> NO!

>> Jon: HERE'S THE THING.

YOU ALREADY ANSWERED MY QUESTION!

>> THOSE THAT WORK REGULAR HOURS.

>> Jon: THE REASON WHY THEY HAVE ZERO SUPPORT IS NOW VERY EVIDENCE.

WELL, HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO.

CAN YOU STICK AROUND?

WE'LL GO TO THE WEB AND YOU AND I WILL HAVE A CONVERSATION FOR FIVE OR TEN MINUTES.

>> I LOVE IT.

>> Jon: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

HERMAN CAIN, WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK AFTER THIS.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

Loading...