Jim Parsons

  • Aired:  05/31/12
  •  | Views: 112,648

"The Big Bang Theory" star and Broadway actor Jim Parsons would rather be unemployed in NYC than Los Angeles. (6:07)

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

>> Jon: WELCOME BACK.

MY GUEST TONIGHT, THE EMMY WINNING STAR OF CBS'S BIG BANG THEORY, YOU CAN SEE HIM

RIGHT NOW ON BROADWAY STARRING IN ROUNDABOUT THEATRE COMPANY'S HARVEY.

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE PROGRAM JIM PARSONS.

>> WELCOME.

WE HAVE GRAPHICS AND EVERYTHING.

WHAT A WARM HOUSE YOU HAVE.

>> Jon: WASN'T IT, A WARM HOUSE.

>> IT REALLY IS NOW WHERE IS MY-- I HAVE FRIENDS HERE.

>> Jon: WHERE.

>> I HAVE CAST MATES HERE.

>> Jon: RIGHT THERE.

>> NOBODY, I'M SURE YOU WILL BE LOVELY FRIENDS, NO I HAVE --.

>> Jon: HE DOESN'T MEAN IT IN --

>> RICH FROM MY SHOW WHERE ARE YOU, OH, MY GOD AND PORE BEGAN, HELLO.

IT'S LIKE FAMILY.

>> Jon: CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING.

>> YES, JON.

>> Jon: DON'T YOU SEE THEM EVERY [BLEEP] DAY.

>> YES, BUT NOT AROUND THIS MANY PEOPLE.

WELL, THAT'S NOT EVEN TRUE EITHER.

IT'S JUST THIS IS VERY AWKWARD.

AND IT'S SO NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE-- .

>> Jon: DO YOU WANT ME TO BRING THEM DOWN.

>> NO, LEAVE THEM THERE.

>> Jon: HOW IS IT PEOPLE THAT WORK ON BIG BANG, DID YOU BOTH KNOW YOU WERE DOING THIS PLAY?

HOW DID YOU BOTH END UP IN THE SAME PLAY.

>> NO THEY'RE HARVEY PEOPLE AND THAT'S ALLMENT I DON'T

KNOW THEM FROM THE BIG BANG.

>> Jon: THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS OF YOURS.

>> THEY ARE IN THE PLAY WITH ME, THEY'RE ACTORS.

AND NOW THEY'RE FRIENDS.

>> Jon: IF THEY ARE ACTORS HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE REALLY FRIENDS.

>> YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

WE WILL CLOSE HARVEY ON AUGUST 5TH, GET YOUR TICKETS NOW, AND AFTER AUGUST 5TH IF

I EVER TALK TO THEM WE WILL KNOW IF THEY BECAME FRIENDS.

>> Jon: NOW, ARE YOU GOOD WITH IN?

YOU COME FROM THE THEATRE BACKGROUND.

>> YEAH.

>> Jon: SO YOU ARE ACCUSTOMED TO THESE TYPES OF YOU DO A SHOW WITH SOMEONE,

YOU BECOME VERY CLOSE, OVER THE SIX WEEKS, TO EIGHT WEEKS.

>> YEAH.

>> Jon: DO THEY NORMALLY DISSIPATE.

>> MOST OF THEM DO.

AND I'M NOT KIDDING.

EVEN IF THEY GO WELL, THEY NORMALLY DO.

>> Jon: ARE YOU HURT BY THAT,

DOES IT HURT.

>> NO, I WAS NEVER-- BECAUSE IT'S VERY ORGANIC.

SOME THINGS ARE JUST THE SITUATION MAKES IT A VERY INTENSE, CLOSE RELATIONSHIP.

AND I FRANKLY, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR EACH OTHER AFTER THAT.

(LAUGHTER) I MEAN,.

>> Jon: YOU ARE A VERY PLEASANT MAN.

THERE IS NO WAY TO ANNOY YOU.

>> NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE.

>> Jon: NOW WHAT WOULD ANNOY YOU.

>> WHAT WOULD ANNOY ME?

>> Jon: JAY.

>> I GET ANGRY WITH INANIMATE OBJECTS THAT WON'T DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO

DO AND YOU HAVE TO BANG THEM,

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

THAT ANNOYS ME.

WHAT, THAT'S TRUE?

THAT IS IRRITATING.

>> Jon: BUT IN A FONZI WAY,

HOW DO YOU-- WHEN YOU-- LIKE A JUKEBOX YOU WOULD --ING WITH LIKE SPANK IT, YEAH,

KIND OF, YES.

>> Jon: SO DEVICES.

>> DEVICES WILL IRRITATE.

>> Jon: BUT WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE, LET'S SAY ARE YOU WAITING IN A LINE.

ARE YOU SOMEONE THAT IS --

>> YES.

>> Jon: YOU SEEM LIKE YOU HAVE A GOOD NATURE IS WHAT I AM SAYING.

>> I DO HAVE A LOVELY NATURE BUT I'M NOT ABOUT-- CALLING SOMEBODY STUPID BEHIND SHARE

BACK IF I DONE KNOW THEM.

>> Jon: NO, REALLY.

>> NO, THAT'S AWFUL BUT IT'S TRUE.

>> Jon: HE KNOWS YOU GUYS NOW.

>> NONE OF YOU, I WOULD NEVER CALL ANY OF YOU-- NO,

BUT SOMEBODY IS BEHAVING IN A WAY, YOU ARE BEHIND SOMEBODY IN A LINE.

I CAN'T THINK OF AN EXACT SITUATION, YOU HIT ON SOMETHING THERE, WHERE THEY

SHOULD DO THEIR THING AND BE DONE WITH IT, YOU KNOW.

>> Jon: YOU LIVED IN NEW YORK.

DOES NEW YORK, ARE YOU LIVING A LIFE NOW OUT IN LOS ANGELES, WITH A PROGRAM THAT

IS WONDERFUL BIG AND ARE YOU HILARIOUS.

>> YOU ARE A KIND MAN, THANK YOU.

>> Jon: YOU ARE REALLY ARE,

A VERY TALENTED ACTOR.

AND THAT'S NOT EASY STUFF TO DO.

PEOPLE GO THAT MIGHT BE EASY,

YOU'VE GOT CHOP, BABBEE.

COMING BACK FROM THAT LIFE OF THE LAWNS AND SUN.

>> YEAH.

>> Jon: TO NEW YORK, HAS THAT-- DID SOMEONE JUST DIE.

>> WHAT WAS THAT?

I THINK SOMEONE JUST DEFLATED.

>> WAS THAT RICHARD MORGAN?

IT DID SOUND LIKE IT, DIDN'T IT.

>> Jon: DIDN'T IT SOUND --

>> IT WAS LIKE THE WORD LAWN JUST SET THEM OFF.

>> Jon: IT WAS LITERALLY LIKE SOMEBODY'S ASS CHEEK BLEW OUT.

ARE YOU SITTING THERE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT WASN'T-- SOMEBODY IN THE AUDIENCE IS SITTING LIKE

THIS NOW.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

MY PRODUCT THREATIC BUTT WENT OUT.

DO YOU FIND LIVING IN NEW YORK ENERGIZING.

>> YES.

>> Jon: OR MORE FRUSTRATESING.

>> I FIND VERY ENERGIZING.

I ALWAYS SAID IT IS NEVER FUN TO BE UNEMPLOYED ANYWHERE BECAUSE IT SUCKS FINANCIALLY BUT I ALWAYS

FOUND IT MUCH EASIER TO BE UNEMPLOYED HERE THAN LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE.

AND I THINK IT'S BECAUSE IT'S NOT ISOLATING HERE.

IT IS THE SAME OLD TALE BUT IT IS LIKE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, THERE IS LIKE A

PACK OF GUM YOU HAVE TO RUN INTO 20 PEOPLE ON THE WAY TO GET IT HERE.

AND IN L.A., YOU KNOW, YOU JUST WON'T GO GET THE GUM BECAUSE I WON'T WANT TO

FIGHT FOR PARKING, BECAUSE YOU KNOW, YOU JUST STAY HOME WITH BAD BREATH.

>> Jon: YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT FOR PARKING AND THEN EXPLAIN TO THE CLERK AT 7-11

WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON.

>> THAT'S TRUE.

EVERYTHING IS VERY INDUSTRY DRIVEN OUT THERE I LOVE IT THERE, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT.

>> Jon: I USED TO LOVE, WHEN I STARTED I WAS WAITING TABLES UP IN ROCKEFELLER

CENTER, A LITTLE RESTAURANT THERE BECAUSE I THINK BEAN STALK, I USED TO HAVE TO

WEAR THOSE FRILLY LIKE FAKE TUX SHIRTS WITH THE SUSPENDERS.

>> I BET YOU LOOKED PRETTY.

>> Jon: NO, SIR.

PRETTY UNTIL I WAS COVERED IN QUACK MOLLY AND SALSA BUT I USED TO LOVE RIDING THE

SUBWAY HOME AT NIGHT IN YOUR LITTLE RED BOW TIE AND ALL THE THUGS ON ITS SUBWAY ARE

LIKE OH THAT POOR GUY.

>> WELL, THAT IS IT, THOUGH.

I OFTEN SAID WHEN I'M IN NEW YORK, I FEEL LIKE I'M ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS.

YOU RUN INTO SO MANY PEOPLE,

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MAJOR IS OR WHAT YOU ARE DOING,

BUT I SEE YOU ON THE L TRAIN AND I SEE YOU ON THE 1, AND YOU KNOW, YOU KIND OF ALL IN

THIS ONE MILE CAMPUS TOGETHER.

AND I LEAK IT.

>> Jon: A LOT OF PEOPLE SAID IT ENERGIZES, BECAUSE THESE SHOWS, 8 A WEEK.

>> 8 A WEEK.

>> Jon: .

>> IT'S HEAVEN T REALLY IS AND I THINK WOULD YOU LIKE IT I REALLY DO.

>> Jon: I THINK WOULD YOU LIKE IT TOO.

JIM PARSONS WHO IS GREAT,

AND AN INVISIBLE 6 FOOT 3 AND A HALF INCH BUNNY.

>> AND HE'S GREAT, THE RABBIT IS THE BEST THING GOING ON BROADWAY.

>> Jon: DON'T MAKE HIM EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, PEOPLE,

JUST GO SEE IT.

IT'S SO NICE TO SEE YOU STOP BY,.

>> THANK YOU RZ.

>> Jon: HARVEY PLAYING ON BROADWAY, THE ROUNDABOUT THEATRE COMPANY, THE GREAT JIM PARSONS!

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

Loading...