Ron Paul Pt. 2

  • Aired:  09/26/11
  •  | Views: 63,625

Ron Paul believes regulations against big business and corporate fraud are much more strict in a free market. (5:26)

>> Jon: DID YOU SEE

CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL ON THE

SHOW?

YOU DIDN'T SEE THE WHOLE

INTERVIEW.

THERE'S MORE.

ON THE WEBB.

"ON THE WEBB."

DOES THE FAILURE OF GOVERNMENT

TO PROTECT ADEQUATELY THOUGH

MAKE IT A FAILURE OF

GOVERNMENT HAVING THAT

RESPONSIBILITY?

DOES THEIR INABILITY TO DO IT

EFFECTIVELY MAKE IT SO THAT

THEY SHOULDN'T DO IT?

>> IN A WAY ESPECIALLY AT THE

FEDERAL LEVEL, YOU KNOW, UNDER

OUR CONSTITUTION....

>> Jon: AREN'T THEY A MARKET

SYSTEM?

WOULDN'T YOU RATHER HAVE

PEOPLE REGULATING THAT ARE

ACCOUNTABLE TO VOTERS THAN

CORPORATIONS REGULATING

THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE ONLY TO

SHAREHOLDERS?

ISN'T OUR SYSTEM...

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )

>> Jon: YES.

I GUESS YOU WOULD SAY AS

UNFAIR OR MAYBE NOT AS GOOD AS

IT COULD BE AT LEAST THEY'RE

ACCOUNTABLE TO US.

>> BUT THE REGULATIONS ARE

STRICTER IN THE MARKETPLACE.

FOR INSTANCE THE REGULATIONS...

THE REGULATORS HAVE BEEN VERY

MUCH INVOLVED IN THE HOUSING

INDUSTRY.

WE HAVE MORE MORTGAGE

COMPANIES.

THEY HAD A BIG BUBBLE.

THEY MADE A LOT OF MONEY

BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE SURE

EVERYBODY HAD A HOUSE.

WELL THEY GO BROKE.

THE REGULATORS GOT BAILED OUT.

THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROLLED THE

REGULATIONS.

THEY BAIL OUT THE BIG

COMPANIES.

THE MIDDLE CLASS LOSE THEIR

JOBS AND THEY LOSE THEIR

HOUSES.

SO ALL THIS TRUST IN THE

GOVERNMENT TO MAKE SURE THAT

BIG CORPORATIONS WON'T HURT

THEM ACTUALLY IS A BACKFIRE ON

THEM.

THE REGULATIONS ARE MUCH

TOUGHER IN THE FREE MARKET

BECAUSE YOU CANNOT COMMIT

FRAUD.

YOU CANNOT STEAL.

YOU CANNOT HURT PEOPLE.

AND THE FAILURE HAS COME THAT

GOVERNMENT WOULDN'T ENFORCE

THIS.

IN THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION,

THERE WAS A COLLUSION.

YOU COULD POLLUTE.

THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT.

BUT IN A TRUE FREE MARKET IN A

LIBERTARIAN SOCIETY YOU CAN'T

DO THAT.

>> Jon: WHEN YOU SAY THAT

YOU'RE SAYING A TRUE

LIBERTARIAN SOCIETY YOU HAVE

TO BE RESPONSIBLE.

HAS THAT EVER BEEN TRIED?

BECAUSE I THINK IT'S AN HONEST

QUESTION TO SAY, IT SOUNDS

LIKE WHEN YOU SAY, WELL, THE

FREE MARKET WOULD ACTUALLY

REGULATE THAT MUCH BETTER.

BUT I THINK IT'S HARD FOR

PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE HISTORY OF

THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION TO

FEEL LIKE THAT IS IN ANY WAY

NOT A PIPE DREAM.

I DON'T MEAN THAT AS....

( APPLAUSE )

>> NO, IT'S BEEN TRIED.

IT'S NEVER BEEN PERFECT BUT

HAS SOCIALISM AND

AUTHORITARIANISM EVER BEEN

PERFECT?

IT'S HORRIBLE.

YOU LOSE ALL YOUR FREEDOMS

THAT WAY.

>> Jon: IS THAT OUR CHOICE?

AUTHORITARIANISM AND TYRANNY

OR A FREE MARKET THAT WE MUST

TRUST?

ISN'T THERE A GROUND OF KPE

DENSE....

>> I THINK IF YOU PLANT A SEED

IT TENDS TO GROW.

I USED TO NEVER BE ABLE TO GET

AWAY.

WITH TELLING A WOMAN IT'S A

TOUCH OF PREGNANCY.

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

IF YOU GET GOVERNMENT INVOLVED

THERE TENDS TO BE A GROWTH.

A LITTLE BIT OF INCOME TAX, 1%

AND THEN BEFORE YOU HAVE A

MONSTER OUT THERE.

SO, NO, IT GROWS.

WHEN YOU GIVE UP 100% OF THE

PRINCIPLE IF YOU START SAYING

THE GOVERNMENT OUGHT TO DO IT.

UNDER OUR SYSTEM SINCE I DON'T

EXPECT A PERFECT SOCIETY OR A

PERFECT FREE SOCIETY.

BUT WE HAD A GRAND EXPERIMENT,

THE BEST EVER AND THE FREEEST

AND THE MOST PROSPEROUS.

BUT ONE OF THE RULES THEY HAD

TO SORT OF TAKE CARE OF THIS

BLEND THAT YOU MIGHT BE

LOOKING FOR IS THAT WE HAVE NO

PROHIBITIONS AGAINST THE

STATE.

SO IF YOU SORT OF LIKE THIS

STUFF, YOU KNOW, LET BLOOMBERG

WRITE ALL THE REGULATIONS.

LET SOMEBODY ELSE DO IT.

>> Jon: OPPRESSION IS NOT OKAY

AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL BUT IF

YOUR STATE WANTS TO OPPRESS

YOU... I GOT IT.

>> YOU HAVE MORE CONTROL.

YOU HAVE MORE CONTROL OVER IT

IF IT'S LOCAL.

IT'S NOT LIKE SAYING THAT YOU

WERE ARGUING THE CASE THAT WE

HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF

GOVERNMENT TO RESCUE THE

PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED IT.

DO IT AT THE LOCAL LEVEL

BECAUSE LET ME TELL YOU WE'RE

NOT VERY EFFICIENT IN

WASHINGTON.

YOU KNOW, WE'VE RUN UP A DEBT.

>> Jon: I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT.

>> JUST THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU

HAVE TROUBLE WITH THESE THINGS,

THINK ABOUT IT LIKE THE

PENTAGON.

DO YOU WANT TO TURN IT OVER TO

THE PENTAGON OR THE C.I.A. OR

THE T.S.A.?

AND SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE

SNONT YOU WON'T WORRY THAT THE

STATES WOULD DEVELOP THEIR OWN

MECHANISMS.

>> LET'S HOPE THE PEOPLE WOULD

WORK ON IT AND MAKE IT, YOU

KNOW, DUE... DECENT.

THAT WAS THE WONDERFUL PART

ABOUT OUR COUNTRY.

LOOK HOW THE FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

IN SOME OF THE MID WESTERN

STATES DESTROYED THEIR JOBS

AND THEY MOVED SOUTH BECAUSE

THEY HAD MORE FAVORABLE

CONDITIONS FOR WORKING

CONDITIONS AND LESS TAXES.

SO PEOPLE MIGRATED DOWN.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE WHOLE

COUNTRY....

>> Jon: NOW IT'S A GLOBAL

CORRECTION.

WE HAVE TO GO DOWN ALL THE WAY

TO LIKE CHINA.

>> WHAT HAS HAPPENED IS THAT

WE'VE UNDERMINED OUR WHOLE

ENVIRONMENT.

OUR MONETARY SYSTEM, OUR TAX

SYSTEM.

THE REGULATORY SYSTEM.

SO THERE'S NO PLACE TO GO.

SO THEY DO GO OVERSEAS.

WE'VE CHASED OUR JOBS

OVERSEAS.

THAT'S STRONGLY RELATED TO THE

MONETARY SYSTEM TOO.

WHEN YOU PRINT MONEY IT'S A

GOOD EXPORT.

JUST EXPORT OUR MONEY.

AS LONG AS THEY TAKE IT, WE

CAN BUY STUFF FOR FREE.

THAT'S OUR BIG PROBLEM.

>> Jon: LISTEN, IT'S ALWAYS

GREAT TO SEE YOU.

I ALWAYS ENJOY OUR

CONVERSATIONS.

YOU REALLY ARE ONE OF OUR LAST

CONSISTENT POLITICIANS WE SEE

IN THIS WORLD.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>> Jon:

Loading...